Jacks mk4 Ibiza Cupra, team ds:lc

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Yeah, I used to go there all the time back when I had the saxo, it’s the 2012 opening party on the first of April isn’t it? As far as I know a lot of people from dicksound are already going down. But its mine and my girlfriend anniversary on the same day so I don’t know if I’ll be there.

All the details about the 25th, the times and that, will be posted on the dicksound page closer to the time, but there are loads of meets and photoshoots planned for the next few months and since you’re not too far away you should pop down mate (and your mate in the formulasport) it’ll be good to see another Cupra too

There are so many red Ibizas around its unreal, there are 5 in dicksound already

I woukdnt drive a red ibiza ;)

It cant be your annirversary you split up for a few days didnt you lol

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
riiiight, so i finally got the bumper lip vinyl wrapped
any opinions?

(also ignore the bird poo, it happened today at work and i've not had chance to get it off)

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

i also added this new sticker - again ignore how dirty the car it, i took this picture after a long drive to chester in the rain

425840_3498775269491_1274929670_3447705_629037939_n.jpg

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
i thought i'd take the time to write a full list of everything i've done to the car (thats still on it) since owning it:

Engine:
Open cone induction filter
Uprated oil crank breather (still yet to fit this)
Forge 007p recirculation valve
Forge vacuum hoses

Suspension / Chassis:
TA coilovers
TA dampers

Interior:
Carbon ‘Cupra’ rear view mirror styling
“Dub” sticker in the passenger vanity mirror

Exterior:
Lamin-X yellow fog lights
De-wipered rear
German style pressed plates
LED sidelights
6000k HIDs
Stickers – “Dicksound” (rear window), “Germany barcode” (rear window), “DerbyVAGs” (rear window),“Lower than a smackheads morals” (rear bumper).

Entertainment / Other:
Sony CDX GT440U headunit
JL WO12v2 subwoofer in a grey carpeted JL BW box
JL mated amp with Phoenix Gold wires
VAGCOM Blip & Blink

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
im never on any of your pics whys that lol

you're never there brotha - i text you everytime we're going to a meet but you never come along

on another note, massive thanks for your help yesterday, we managed to get one corner of toms suspensions out and replaced with a coilover. I'm not sure how far gone the car is now, Tom and Dan stayed at it last night but me and Nathan came back to Derby

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Does one of those 3 red ibizas have a red centre grill?

It does mate yeah – he’s got the older grille with the slats that face across the body from left to right rather than from front to back (if you know what I mean). Sprayed it red then sprayed the seat logo and surround black.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
It does mate yeah – he’s got the older grille with the slats that face across the body from left to right rather than from front to back (if you know what I mean). Sprayed it red then sprayed the seat logo and surround black.

Ya i know what you mean. Do you have any pics of it or is the car on here?

Your car btw is epic! My dream car!

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
you're never there brotha - i text you everytime we're going to a meet but you never come along

on another note, massive thanks for your help yesterday, we managed to get one corner of toms suspensions out and replaced with a coilover. I'm not sure how far gone the car is now, Tom and Dan stayed at it last night but me and Nathan came back to Derby

I no man its cause im always out on the bike lol

glad i could help its a bit hard to explain over the phone lol

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Ya i know what you mean. Do you have any pics of it or is the car on here?

Your car btw is epic! My dream car!

Cheers mate, you can buy it if you like? although you won't see 46mpg from it haha

I no man its cause im always out on the bike lol

glad i could help its a bit hard to explain over the phone lol

well there's a meet tonight mate, just a shame you're at work - and it was a massive help mate. I'm not sure how far they've got but hopefully Toms car will be low for springfest

also, on a side note, i've moved office. I'm now in the massive brown building with all the windows. I'm on the top floor, facing your site right in the middle - i watch the cars go in and out all day haha, just keeping my eye on you ;)

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Maybe if I find another €5000 in the next few days haha. If the alloys are selling though get back to me haha. You have a new car in mind?

Shame haha – I imagine it’d be very difficult to get a car to Ireland in the first place anyway.

Well, the thing is I’m trying to get a mortgage - I’d like to say I’m moving onto an 8P3 Audi S3, which is what I want. But really I’m looking at getting an 8P2 A3, the 2.0ltr diesel or maybe the Mk4 Ibiza cupra PD160. Both around 05/06 plate. Something that’ll do 40+mpg and won’t cost me a fortune to tax and insure.

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Shame haha – I imagine it’d be very difficult to get a car to Ireland in the first place anyway.

Well, the thing is I’m trying to get a mortgage - I’d like to say I’m moving onto an 8P3 Audi S3, which is what I want. But really I’m looking at getting an 8P2 A3, the 2.0ltr diesel or maybe the Mk4 Ibiza cupra PD160. Both around 05/06 plate. Something that’ll do 40+mpg and won’t cost me a fortune to tax and insure.

Aw stop, getting parts over is hard enough!

Audi A3 is nice but u should stick with the Seats ;)

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Aw stop, getting parts over is hard enough!

Audi A3 is nice but u should stick with the Seats ;)

I'm leaning more towards Audi unfortunately mate. I've had my Seat and its time for a change. plus my friend nathan bought a black 8P3 A3 (pictures above) its only the SE model but its beautiful, i've fallen in love, i need the four circles in my life

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
Which window are you at are you in the new building at the front near raynesway ?

If you do get an audi word of warning the people who work there are dicks and up there own arses

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
Which window are you at are you in the new building at the front near raynesway ?

If you do get an audi word of warning the people who work there are dicks and up there own arses

No not the new building, the one further into the site (behind the new one, if you’re standing on raynesway.) Top floor, second window from the right (your right if looking at the building from Balfour) I look out over BOC and Balfours, and to my right over raynesway is the car auction place.

You mean the Audi dealer in Derby centre? I know what you mean - I’ve been there a few times already, to test drive a few A3s, A4s and one S3 – all of which were too new and out of my budget. But still, it’s always nice to have a go.

Last edited:

Stis

Jan 13, 2011
Derby
No not the new building, the one further into the site (behind the new one, if you’re standing on raynesway.) Top floor, second window from the right (your right if looking at the building from Balfour) I look out over BOC and Balfours, and to my right over raynesway is the car auction place.

You mean the Audi dealer in Derby centre? I know what you mean - I’ve been there a few times already, to test drive a few A3s, A4s and one S3 – all of which were too new and out of my budget. But still, it’s always nice to have a go.

What the hell is that autolink over "BOC"?...

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Our local Audi dealer is sound. Even gave dad the radio code for his A6 for free. And we didn't even buy the car from them.

However if your local dealer are tossers, could always go to TPS, that's what I do now anyway.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise