Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I would suggest adding either spring washer or locknut or replace full nut with nyloc
There will be some vibration/movement under load, etc. which will loosen it

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Good thinking Tim, I have some M6 lock nuts here :).

R33f, you can't buy it I'm afraid. I had it made, and because of the unique way this forum is run, I'm not aloud to offer these to anyone else. Otherwise I'd be getting 50 laser cut as we speak :).

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Just to let you know I had a Jetex on my Ibiza Cupra and that thing pulled like a train.
The gentleman the did the rolling road on mine before and after said that the overall air intake was beating similar BMC and Carbon enclose kits he'd seen before

digimac

Jul 27, 2004
Edinburgh
www.fusionburn.co.uk
Just fitted my Jetex cone on Thursday night, made a bracket up using a p-clip from ebay and a metal strip with 5mm holes in it from B&Q. Sounds great, can really hear the turbo spool and the dump valve loads more.

Car seems to have better throttle response too. Having fitted the filter during the week I got my new TIP fitted this afternoon with the help of one of my mates. All in place and working well.

TIP on a auq cupra was a pain to fit, not a lot of room at all, but we got there in the end. Jacking the car up on a trolley jack made it easier to fit, but still tricky.

coops10

Sep 1, 2009
Middlesex
www.coops-photo.co.uk
Here is a pic of my Jetex fitted:

IMG00217-20101013-2032.jpg

You can just about see the bracket that connects to the maf and holds it pretty steady. It fits snugly against the right hand old airbox bracket.

It sounds immense thought, really makes the dv so much louder and it just sucks and sucks.

Car feels more responsive and lest restrained, pretty happy with it.

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Does anyone know what size the SAI connection pipe is? I need to buy a mini filter for it!

digimac

Jul 27, 2004
Edinburgh
www.fusionburn.co.uk
I got the 25mm breather and then a small bit of pipe with an outside diameter of about 23mm from B&Q. Stuck the pipe in the breather filter and the other end in the SAI pipe and jubilee clips on both ends.

Seems to be working ok for me.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I got the 25mm breather and then a small bit of pipe with an outside diameter of about 23mm from B&Q. Stuck the pipe in the breather filter and the other end in the SAI pipe and jubilee clips on both ends.

Seems to be working ok for me.

if you warm up the 25mm breather filter outlet in hot water you can push it over the 28mm SAI pipe and there is no need for jubilee clips or mods to the SAI outlet.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
if you warm up the 25mm breather filter outlet in hot water you can push it over the 28mm SAI pipe and there is no need for jubilee clips or mods to the SAI outlet.

Hi Guys.
Anyone here running the Jabbasport heat shield?
If so what coupler and silicone hose do you recommend? I dont want to get anything too long and render it useless!

Also The breather hose for the SAI. on my last car I chopped it and when it came to sale I didn't have anything to replace the OEM.

What are you guys using as far as breather filters go? And how are you attaching them (Do you have any pics)

Thanks

Chris.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
There's a fair few running this heatshield, yes. A search for "jabbasport heat shield" should give some fairly recent threads, some will have examples of silicone hose and alloy joiners to use.

Not sure about SAI filters, LCRs don't have the SAI.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Cool,
I've been looking for about 40 minutes but my lunch break is over now :(
Thankfully I dont have to worry about the SAI this time rount, On my previous Ibiza Cupra the filter fell off twice and once smashed up my radiator fans!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
That sounds about right, think that's what I got. I was looking at mine the other day trying to see if I could get the MAF far enough into the hole in the shield to attach the cone straight onto it and not have to use the alloy and silicone couplers but it was going to mean the TIP would be a bit stretched. The Jetex I have is very large and I'd prefer it not to almost be hitting the inside of the passenger side wing, I have to push the alloy joiner quite far into it to get it to fit.

I think I'm going to swap the Jetex for something like a HKS Mushroom or Apexi power intake, they're a bit smaller than the Jetex but still give similar air flow.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
There is a very good article (I've seen it on the forums here somewhere)
The Apexi surpasses all others due to the fact you never have to clean the think and it passes alot of Gs's
However I couldn't find an 80mm only a 70mm or smaller but their also really expensive.
I've always gone with Jetex filters I've just found them high performing and easy to clean, I've gone with the smaller version of yours.

I've ordered the one with the Chrome cap,
Two week order time though :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.