JoshCupraR's Seat Leon Cupra R Mk2 - R444CUP

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
This is my Seat Leon Cupra R Mk2 in yellow. I purchased the car from Revitupuk.com at the start of November 2015 and have just got round to doing a thread on here. The car already had a previous readers ride thread from its last owner.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416348

This is the first car I've had from the VAG range and is possibly my favourite car I have had to date. I used to be mad on Vauxhall's coming from owning a Corsa B 2.0 16v, Astra Gsi Mk4, Astra Vxr Nurburgring and finally a Corsa Vxr Nurburgring. I enjoyed all them cars and a lot of fun in them over the years but I felt it was time for a change of badge and whenever I had seen the Cupra R's I had always fancied one. This one came up for sale at Revitup and they gave me a good price for my Corsa that was too good to turn down so that's how I've ended up where I am today :) a few pics of my most recent cars.

The Cupra R currently has this set up (more to come ;)):
Revo stage 2
Revo intake
30mm lowering springs all round (Eibach)
PCV revamp
Boost gauge
3.5" downpipe with custom middle box
Piper Catback
Triple R splitter
Black roof & spoiler
Black alloys
Black front lip between splitter and bottom honeycomb.
Red coil pack harness
Red coil packs
Superpro dogbone mount insert
Ferodo ds2500 front pads
Braided hoses
Motul RBF660 brake fluid

Since buying the car I haven't done too much as of yet. I have put fresh new rubber on all around in the way of Michelin Pilot Super Sports and had a few car park dents removed. I have bought a few bits for the car that are gathering under the stairs.

So this week coming will be pretty busy for the car, on Tuesday it will be having a cambelt change, full service, cam follower change, new discs pads braided hoses all around and new brake fluid. Then on the Wednesday I am getting my decat downpipe fitted to finish the exhaust off ready to go up to Stage 2 with Revo when I get it booked in. Also I have just bought a Revo intake to replace the old tired one that is currently on the car.

Please excuse the engine bay, will be giving it a good going over when I change the intake to get it up to standard :) just hoping for some decent weather lol

I need to get some better quality pics to update the thread with but I hope you all like my pride and joy, thanks for looking and feel free to comment [B)]

Josh

Last edited:

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
To be honest the wheels need painting again as I'm quite fussy and there's a few stone chips, I will wait for the weather to get better and the salt to disappear off the roads before that.

Well my end goal would be stage 2+ yes, even though I bought this car and said I wasn't going to touch it, only spend money on maintenance but that's gone out the window already lol. With my other cars I've always gone from standard to the last stage before it gets really expensive, so this time I'm going through the stages to help prolong the ownership of the car :)

Need to sort a clutch before I go much further too tbh but I'll see how it holds out for now and replace it when it needs it.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
That's the only problem with the Cupra R wheels in black they show all the little marks on them, mine are due a refurb I'll get them sorted soon.

I've read a few people say they were going to keep their car standard and end up stage 2+. I've worked my way through the stages, had a year out of spending on my car and now am getting the last few thing for stage 2+.

A few people have ran the standard clutch on around the 360 bhp for a while, so if your not to rough the clutch it'll hold out for a while.

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Ye they do seem to show marks up rather well, the brake calipers need a fresh lick of paint too so will get them all done at once.

I think that's always the case the temptation is often very hard to resist and often becomes an addiction or obsession lol I always tell myself that I'd rather spend it on my car and have something to show for it, rather than wasting it in the boozer like a lot of people do so that's my justification ;)

Thanks Baz will try and update as often as possible. First build thread I have ever done so hope to keep on top of it.

Booked the car in today for the Revo stage 2, getting done on 12th March so I'll be sure to post up my results :D

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Haha ye it's already stage 1 now and it goes well to be honest, once you get used to any power level you always want more :) it's a vicious expensive circle that I always seem to find myself in haha I wanted to get it done sooner but need it done on the weekend, hence the 3 week wait :( all good fun though lol.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Glad to see the new owner of this back on the forum, very nice colour car! Looking forward to the updates

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Thanks Alex just been reading through your thread, car looks a proper beast and bet it goes like one too :D would love to get this to the same spec as yours I think I'd be made up

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
It's definately fun, but there's always something new to put on it. I was the same, wasn't planning on doing much to it and now it's at the current spec

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Thanks mate very much appreciated :)

Gave the car a clean and a quick spray wax before work today, car needs a full going over soon I keep getting tar spots everywhere and it's driving me insane haha would spray the car with Tardis and iron X but need to wait till I have enough time to clay, polish and wax it in the same day. Didn't come up too bad today tho!!

I love the back end on these one of the main reasons I wanted the 'R'. Hope you all like ;)

Last edited:

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Posted this in the mk2 thread but I'll put it in here to keep track of things too.

Had a few bits fitted today had my cambelt and waterpump done along with a service and cam follower change. Then I've had new brakes all around with fresh fluid and braided hoses :) I haven't picked it up yet but looking forward to collecting it after work tomorrow.

Cam follower and waterpump not in the pic but they were changed ;) also painted all the hubs and edges of the discs beforehand.

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Haven't updated in a while but had a few things done with a lot more to come.

Replaced the intake for a Revo powder coated one and had a second hand 3.5" downpipe fitted and middle box put in not so long ago. Still a bit ASBO loud but it only gets used on weekends so I don't mind too much :D

Had the car mapped again taking advantage of the Revo upgrade done at Riverside Racing in Liverpool, here's the results (with a cheeky video :)):

The cars a beast now but always left wanting more, it did do well against a friends stage 2+ K1 not long after being mapped. I don't believe the map on the K1 is the greatest as its superchips.

Then had the wheels repainted gloss black with a fresh coat of paint on the calipers:

Well that was a bigger update than I thought, need to start keeping on top of it from now. A lot more to come in the next week or two ;)

Connorcupra94

Mar 13, 2013
Aberdeen
It's a great car mate really enjoying ownership so far, got a big update coming soon tho so don't worry it's getting looked after a lot :thumbup:

Glad youre enjoying it as much as i did! Glad to see its went to a good home too! If you ever decide youre selling up give me a shout haha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.