Josh's MK1 LCR Wellycooler Fitted!

fozzard88c

Jan 6, 2017
Also bought the misses an A3 sport back instead of the mini and asked her to marry me. She said yes, and I am getting very old very quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
So, a lot has changed again. Been good to re read this thread and bring back some good and not so good memories. Anyway, I’m out of the Navy in March this year, can’t wait. Plan is to contract staying within aviation abroad or rolling stock here in the UK. So, I need to free up some money. Passat is going back to standard, only done wheels, coilovers, s2000 filter, mk6 golf flat bottom, forge big knob and a tuning box. This means I need a replacement car.... I have today put a deposit on a slightly rough 55 plate LCR with a verified 72k and FSH. It’s mapped with a V3 tip but other than that standard. Let’s get busy. I’ll post a new RR when I pick the old girl up, **** me I miss this one, had a few smiles on the test drive this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Not that anyone cares but, over the last week I have taken the new LCR off the road and done a few bits.

Painted 4x callipers,
All new pads,
Creation Motorsport upper boost hoses,
Gloss black charge pipe,
Coolant flush and refill, plus new bottle,
Fitted a wellycooler - a lot more fun this time round,
02Q shim fitted,
Fitted a boost gauge I had from the blown engine LCR,
Fixed an exhaust leak,
DIY short shift,
Lots more but I've forgotten lol.

I plan on doing coilers and fully poly bushing the arms, new ball joints etc. Not sure when yet as I'm starting a new job on Monday. This may end up as a track car once its stage 2. Just need coil packs and a 3" dp for that.

The car threw a MAF fault the other day, cleared it with a cheap scanner I keep in the car but it came back within 10 miles. Not even going to bother messing about with it, I'll order one from TPS and replace it. Probably because I have a shitty RAMAIR filter fitted.... server me right for being cheap. Trip to Bill soon.

I'm due to buy my old FR back off a mate for a good price, going to nick a few bits off it for this LCR then sell it on. It has a few of my old goodies and some other stuff. RARB, Gloss black wheels, oil and coolant caps, aero wipers and the half leather interior I put in. My drivers seat bolster is battered and hurts my leg so I'm going to be a devil and fit half leather to a LCR??

Anyway, might upload pics to here or might start a new RR.

Claki

Apr 3, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Not that anyone cares but, over the last week I have taken the new LCR off the road and done a few bits.

Painted 4x callipers,
All new pads,
Creation Motorsport upper boost hoses,
Gloss black charge pipe,
Coolant flush and refill, plus new bottle,
Fitted a wellycooler - a lot more fun this time round,
02Q shim fitted,
Fitted a boost gauge I had from the blown engine LCR,
Fixed an exhaust leak,
DIY short shift,
Lots more but I've forgotten lol.

I plan on doing coilers and fully poly bushing the arms, new ball joints etc. Not sure when yet as I'm starting a new job on Monday. This may end up as a track car once its stage 2. Just need coil packs and a 3" dp for that.

The car threw a MAF fault the other day, cleared it with a cheap scanner I keep in the car but it came back within 10 miles. Not even going to bother messing about with it, I'll order one from TPS and replace it. Probably because I have a shitty RAMAIR filter fitted.... server me right for being cheap. Trip to Bill soon.

I'm due to buy my old FR back off a mate for a good price, going to nick a few bits off it for this LCR then sell it on. It has a few of my old goodies and some other stuff. RARB, Gloss black wheels, oil and coolant caps, aero wipers and the half leather interior I put in. My drivers seat bolster is battered and hurts my leg so I'm going to be a devil and fit half leather to a LCR??

Anyway, might upload pics to here or might start a new RR.

Good to see you are still going! i sold my TDI for scrap a while back. never could find out why it kept going into limp mode it was throwing up so many electrical faults i had to call it a day. Im now the proud owner of a Toyota Avensis Mk1. ****ing shed

UkayJ

previous member
Apr 7, 2018
Huddersfield
Just read your whole thread, very entertaining, you certainly think nothing of signing for a new car lol.

I've just joined the forums again after deciding I want a mk1 LCR when I get some money or a loan together.

Hope you continue to update after buying another LCR

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Right so the new LCR is getting somewhere.
Long story short, I ****** the exhaust up and bolted an old version cobra 3” dp to a new version cobra 2.5” cat back.
Car was with Bill today for a bit of exhaust work, which turned into dp off, replacement gaskets and a decat. Also it’s been on the rollers for a stage 2. I don’t know the exact figure yet but, Bill told me it’s in the 260’s which is rubbish. (Rubbish car not Bill). I always try and buy well maintained low mileage cars (this one is a bag outside) but apparently that isn’t always the way. Suppose it’s ok for £1300?
Anyway Bill said it isn’t a timing happy engine? I’ll do some research but I’ll be looking at getting the rest of the 2.5” exhaust in the bin and replacing it with some 3” stuff. Might chop the 6x4” oval off and have a 3” pipe straight out the back as I like the look of the tfsi Leon.
Since I last updated I’ve added a deatschwerks fuel pump, new valve cover gasket and painted an aqua blasted cover from Bill in wrinkle black, ‘benchmark’ 2.0tfsi coil packs (getting returned and being replaced with genuine 2.0tfsi coil packs I picked up today) plugs, oil pick up,
Put 2 MK4 recaros up front temporarily before my corbeau buckets get delivered. Got 2x TRS harness and omp base plates in the garage waiting to go on, fitted a R32 steering wheel and some TD pro race 1.2’s wrapped in new nankand ns-2r’s, rear strut brace and I have some rear diffuser fins waiting to get tiger sealed to the back bumper.
Other than that it’s going to sit in the drive until my shift rotation at the new job suits a track day as I took delivery of a brand new A6 S Line Black edition Avant last month.

The page won’t let me upload hardly any of the photos but they’re all on my Instagram if anyone fancies a look.
joshaitken91

Safe

Attachments

• 400BE7E0-D836-472D-82C1-C4059E5978FE.jpeg
    400BE7E0-D836-472D-82C1-C4059E5978FE.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 458E5194-FBCA-4581-9D8B-14DF424A6582.jpeg
    458E5194-FBCA-4581-9D8B-14DF424A6582.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 68
  • FA398E45-D42C-4F9F-B78D-8D561ED3D140.jpeg
    FA398E45-D42C-4F9F-B78D-8D561ED3D140.jpeg
    976.3 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: rainbird and Claki
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.