Juddering TDI

beefyFR

My Ibiza 1.9FR TDi 06 plate has just passed the 70,000 mile mark and is due a service asap. However i wanted to get some advice to hopefully point the service fellas in the possible right direction.

Firstly the car has felt like it is pulling to the left, it always feels like im just slightly steering to the right on the straights but every so often i feel like im having to steer to the left because its pulling to the right-like a very slight tram lining effect but not that-i have had tracking checked too and thats ok. Also it feels like the front end is just not settled it feels loose, i feel unable to trust front end grip although once i commit to a corner it grips well but dont feel confident if you know what i mean. I sure i have read on here that bushes can go (they haven't been changed since new) could this explain the above?? if not any other ideas?? Also it feels unsettled under braking hard-bit jiggley and squirmy (this may be due to needing new pads/discs again these haven't been changed since new)

The other thing is when driving and engine around 1,800-1.900rpm on a light throttle i.e. just brushing it in most gears (also not all the time which is more frustrating) it feels very jerky, almost kangaroo type learner jerking, if you take foot off or put more throttle on then its fine just seems to be at this engine speed??? someone mentioned a blocked injector?? any ideas advice would be welcome (it does feel to have a flat spot at around 2,200rpm to 2,400rpm).

Hope someone could help me on this any advice/ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Graham.

p.s. tried a search but could not easily find anything i thought would help.

p.p.s I have already posted this on the ibiza MKIV page and someone mentioned i may get more help on the juddering engine in this section.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Get your service done and see what is high-lighted. I'd be asking for a new air and fuel filter as well as a fuel treatment flush on the service then see how things go from there.

beefyFR

Thanks for that, presume that filter and fluid changes would be routine at 70,000 mile service but will check if they use some cleaning stuff for the engine internals. Has anyone else had that sort of problem with this engine, obviously i'd hate for it to be a dodgy injector as i presume they are expensive to replace, i was hoping someone would say its just something simple to sort out and not expensive. Hopefully when it has been serviced it will run ok, maybe just needs some new fluids. With regards to the flat spot, any ideas, it is ok when turbo kicks in but really does drop off at 2,200ish rpm then at about 3,800 really pulls hard(i know this is near peak power) but it seems more marked recently highlighting the possible flat spot-could this be again to just needing new fluids and filters etc.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.