just 101 bhp ?

grant.79

i was wondering if the true power output of the 1.4l 16v engine as fitted to my car could possibly be higher. It just feels so much more potent than 101 bhp ......... i had, years before a cavalier sri130 and my little seat feels just as good for 130 bhp now i know im reaching a bit high for 130 !! but if anyone has had a power run on rollers could you please let me know.

grant.79

ive never had mine in rollers just wondered if anyone here had, mine might just be a very good engine but im sure its putting out more than the quoted 101 hp just feels so more eager ...........

grant.79

Mine is a 2001 model, 1.4 16v seat ibiza, same model shape as the silver one pictured in daymo's reply ...................... !! y or 51 reg in england, the vag group fitted the same engine to vw polo same age ........... bear in mind guys im not in england im in greece sorry, maybe its euro model only. Here they come with 2 1.4 engine's, 84 and 101 hp .......

Last edited by a moderator:

grant.79

It would appear so mate sorry ............. ive only lived here for the last 31/2 years cars here are stupidily expensive, i mean stupid ........... insurance fully comp though 360 euro for the year !!! i cant find anywhere to upload photo's of my car, any ideas ?!!:confused:

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
ah right that may explain a lot then mate. wish we had a 1.4 16v it would have a bit more poke and be much easier to squeeze more power out that these crap 1.6 8v's!!

grant.79

as i was saying for a small capacity engine it really flies, screams to 6500 rpm and never shows any signs of running out of steam............. and touch wood ive not had one problem with her in 3.5 years, just breezed through the greek mot i fitted new pads to the front discs tightened the handbrake just this intermittent epc kight botherig me now ........

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.