Just bought a Cupra

MJT6905

Hi guys, I picked up a Leon Cupra today for my wifes birthday present. It is one of the early ones, (01,Y) with the auto dimming mirror, and electric/memory leather seats. It is Ovni yellow, with 49500 miles, full history, and MOT and tax. Completely unmarked condition, except for a bit of wear on the handles on both doors inside. I paid £5750 for it, which I think is a bit of a bargain. The car used to belong to the warranty manager of a Seat dealer, so I am pretty sure the ignition ccoils would have been replaced, but if not do Seat still replace them under warranty? I will be posting many questions on here I am sure, so I look forward to getting to know the peeps on here. As a starter, is there anything I should keep my eye on with regards to problems, tht I may not have noticed.?

Cheers

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
About a year ago i had a MK4 Golf turbo (x plate) and 1 of the coils went, i took it to the dealers and they replaced it free as it was a known fault

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
top top choice! same as mine except for the auto dim.

ive had no problems with mine. ive done 20k in 18 months . ive also chipped it amongst other mods and its been fine. so great choice.

are you leaving it standard?

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Hey :wave:

Welcome... if your wife is driving it get her to come say hi on here we need some more recruits to the SCN ladies division.

Excellent choice and in the best colour too. :D

MJT6905

Possibly going to keep it standard, haven't decided yet. Saying that though, it does have a set of non-standard 17" wheels on at the min, which I will probably change, as they are not that nice, but not to bad. I have purchased it for her as I had an M3 Evolution up till about two weeks ago, which was going to be used as a weekend toy, but it wasn't practical enough to carry us, our six month old daughter, and a puschair. She was driving around in a nasty R plate V6 mondeo, so I decided to sell the M3 and her Mondeo, and get someting practical, and still a bit of fun. As I work for Honda as well, I still get a fun car now and then in the shape of an S2000, or Civic Type R, (I know I should probably say that quite quietley), so everybody is happy. I have always loved the VAG family though, having owned a MKII Golf GTi, a Corrado VR6, an Ibiza Cupra, and I currently have another MKII Golf GTi which is having a VR6 engine put into it in the next few months. Should be good.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll let the better half know to pop on and say hi, I'm off to watch the second half of the Chelsea Barca match.

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
The engine coolant temperature sensors are something to watch out for:think: . Was told by my local revo dealer that they often go on the 1.8 20vt. I`ve got an `02 LC and it was highlighted by his diagnostics when I had the trial, need to get it replaced b4 I have the full revo treatment

Oct 12, 2005
ye welcome....and yellow is by far the best colour all the rest are boring and i hope u like cleaning cars:p

MJT6905

traumapat said:
:lol: give you.......4 months max and youve chipped it;)

I don't know, it is mainly going to be used by my wife to transport our daughter. Maybe when she is older? The only thing I am considering is facelift bumpers and skirts, but I'm not sure on how much that would cost, and if it is worth it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise