Just bought a Seat Ibiza TDI 130... A few questions :-D

W44NE G

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Seat so please be nice :D

I bought a TDI130 Sport today and really like the car. There are a couple of things I have issues with though:

- The heater fans seemed very under-powered today when I was driving home after buying it. They do increase in speed with the fan controller but not by much.

However, I then went to reverse into my drive and found that when the car's in reverse, the fans switch to full power :confused: Put the car back into any forward gear and the fans go back to being under-powered again!! :confused:

Any ideas?

- Secondly, the car has 17" alloys on it at the minute which I'd like to swap for some 16" original Seat alloys. If anybody knows anywhere I can get hold of some 16's, please let me know [B)]

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The heater fans seemed very under-powered today when I was driving home after buying it. They do increase in speed with the fan controller but not by much.

However, I then went to reverse into my drive and found that when the car's in reverse, the fans switch to full power :confused: Put the car back into any forward gear and the fans go back to being under-powered again!! :confused:

Any ideas?

Change the pollen filter - cheap and easy to do - makes a big difference to the air flow.

The system goes in to recirculation mode when you select reverse so you dont suck exhaust fumes in to the car. That means it is not pulling air through the filter so it moves more air.

W44NE G

Change the pollen filter - cheap and easy to do - makes a big difference to the air flow.

The system goes in to recirculation mode when you select reverse so you dont suck exhaust fumes in to the car. That means it is not pulling air through the filter so it moves more air.

Good news! Thanks for the reply... I was thinking it was something serious but what you're saying makes a lot of sense [B)]

xpa

Dirty Derver
Oct 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Yeah and alloy wise, here in the 'accessories for sale' section is a great place to pick up a bargin! Also congrats on the car and welcome to the forum! So any plans for the car?

xpa

W44NE G

Yeah and alloy wise, here in the 'accessories for sale' section is a great place to pick up a bargin! Also congrats on the car and welcome to the forum! So any plans for the car?

xpa

Well, it's actually been chipped already and has a K&N Induction kit. The seller reckons it's currently at aound 160-180BHP but whatever it is, it's not far off the John Cooper Works MINI I've just sold :redface:

So really it's already been modified to what I'd want in terms of performance. It's kind of a temporary car for now so unless I decide to keep it, I'm going to spend on what's needed really such as brakes, service, cambelt etc etc and get it running as well as possible so I can sell it for a good price in the future.

I don't know if it's possible but I'd like to look into getting Cruise Control fitted as well.

My mate works for VW so I'm going to see what he can do ;)

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
hi and welcome :) definitely get the 312mm brakes on the front, makes a huge difference and worth it for the small expense over the standard brakes! i have some original alloys in my garage but we cant bear to part with them yet as after this winter i think i'll need them as winter wheels :blink: they'll be up in the accessories for sale section (as someone else said) if i change my mind :D

W44NE G

hi and welcome :) definitely get the 312mm brakes on the front, makes a huge difference and worth it for the small expense over the standard brakes! i have some original alloys in my garage but we cant bear to part with them yet as after this winter i think i'll need them as winter wheels :blink: they'll be up in the accessories for sale section (as someone else said) if i change my mind :D

Thanks for the tip on the brakes. I was thinking of replacing the discs and pads all around the car anyway so glad you said that. Will the 312's fit under 16" alloy wheels though?

I'll keep an eye on the "for sale" section ;)

jeffscarborough

Later FR's have 17'' wheels as standard.
Why put smaller wheels on?

W44NE G

Later FR's have 17'' wheels as standard.
Why put smaller wheels on?

Well I had 16's on my MINI which wasn't a lot different in size to the IBIZA and when I upgraded to 17's on that car, I wished I hadn't. The ride wasn't as supple and on country roads at speed, bumps unsettled the car etc.

I'm just thinking the Ibiza will handle better and get better economy on long runs etc.

I think the FR suspension might be different to my Sport and therefore probably designed with 17" alloys in mind.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
milltek turbo-back exhaust..non-res..will be less restricitve than the OE exhaust

PD160 air intake with green panel filter

whiteline Rear Anti roll bar

seat sport front strut brace

see my thread for few more mods..if ur interested..

tsmithy

I have a tdi sport with the original alloys on, can I see what yours look like as I'm quite fussy?

andypandypoos

Rodeo Monkey
Feb 14, 2009
Cowley, Oxford
Thanks for the tip on the brakes. I was thinking of replacing the discs and pads all around the car anyway so glad you said that. Will the 312's fit under 16" alloy wheels though?

I'll keep an eye on the "for sale" section ;)

a guy on Briskoda is currently breaking an Octavia vRS and selling the 312 carriers and calipers (no disks) for £125 collected. They fit under the standard Fabia vRS 16's

W44NE G

I have a tdi sport with the original alloys on, can I see what yours look like as I'm quite fussy?

I still haven't managed to get my own pics and unfortunately haven't made enough posts to show any pics just yet. Will get some pics up asap.

where abouts are you based mate?? i got mine retro fitted with genuine VAG parts.

I'm in Manchester... which parts did you get retrofited and if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost and was it from a main dealer?

a guy on Briskoda is currently breaking an Octavia vRS and the 312 carriers and calipers (no disks) for £125 collected. They fit under the standard Fabia vRS 16's

Is that a good price do you reckon and do you know if they'd go straight on my car? I read somewhere that you need to fit 5mm spacers on certain models etc?

Thanks for all the replies :D

W44NE G

I have some 16" sport alloys for sale with tyres just make me an offer if you want em. Pm

Sounds ideal... can't seem to PM you matey so please feel free to PM or e-mail me and I'll sort something with you?