Just tried clay!!!

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Not sure I liked it or my technique is crap! Seemed to leave fine scratches all over the wing I tried it on, used a polish after to lessen them then carlack and it looks good in dull light but not sure how it may look in sun? It was new clay and I used lots of lube, maybe I'm just scared of anything abrasive? If I have scratched my paint how on earth do I repair it? Iain HELP!!!!!!!!:confused:

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
lol@ Iain help.

As mentioned above, you want nice warm soft clay, keep the clay section in a bucket of warm water to keep them clean and soft.

If you have scratched the paintwork using clay you'd better get your arse and car up here to be PC'd! lol When claying really bad cars (like the Scoobie) I use a foam gun attachment on the hose and just use a constant spray of lub....ooer

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
WatchHill said:
Split your clay in two. Then as FinerDetails says you keep one half in the hot water and swap over as you feel the clay start to get cool.

Hate to admit it - but I wish I'd taken a step back an thought of that instead of ploughing straight in!

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Live and learn eh...

I think the first time I tried Clayigit may have been a little to hard bu to be honest with the state of the swirls and light scratching on mine it dosen't really matter... :)

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Had a look in what little sun we've had up here and It dont look bad at all! think more practice needed before I try again but I have to say the Carlack is superb stuff with NXT on top it looks all wet n lovely!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise