Just Upgraded from a 106GTI to a Leon Cupra 1.8t

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
HI all,

Recently bought myself a Leon Cupra 1.8t (180bhp) on a 51 plate in superb condition, it had all the front bumpers upgraded to facelift ones, been dropped 30mm with some chrome 17's and been well looked after. I must say after thinking that the TCS was off when the light is out on the dash, i thought what the hell!!! Then when i realised its off when the light comes up, then i could really test it. Comparing it to my old car, with the TCS on it felt nowhere near as quick as my old car, but with it off, certainly gives more of a pull :) and a few of my mates agreed it was quicker, but anyway less of that.

But theres just a few more things i want to clear out my head, as i need to get to know more about these great cars. How do i know if mine has ESP? Also, i might be thinking about some mods. As i really would like to make it quicker than a Focus ST. Any ideas??? Spoke to AMD they reckon a stage 1 will go from 180bhp to 215bhp. Is it worth it? Also the N249 worth doing?

cheers

Ant

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
Welcome to Leon world mate!
Its never gonna be as much fun as your 106, I had a VTS as a wee toy before the cam belt snapped!

I'm not the best to tell you about Cupra powers upgrades but from what i've read 212 seems to be a good number from a Stg1 map, Go custom with some choice extras to gain more - I think 51 plates had k03s turbos so you should be able to hit 235bhp with all mods (search) and a good map.

Money is the key!

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Welcome to Leon world mate!
Its never gonna be as much fun as your 106, I had a VTS as a wee toy before the cam belt snapped!

I'm not the best to tell you about Cupra powers upgrades but from what i've read 212 seems to be a good number from a Stg1 map, Go custom with some choice extras to gain more - I think 51 plates had k03s turbos so you should be able to hit 235bhp with all mods (search) and a good map.

Money is the key!

yea the 106 was just stupid amounts of fun, mine was dynoed at 145hp and certainly suprised a few people, but i still prefer the Leon as an overal car. I still enjoy driving the Leon as much but in a different way. More comfortable and just more mature looking. Cheers for the help mate. So i take it the Ko3s is better than the k03?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
If you add a FMIC, turbo back exhaust, Forge TIP and 007p DV and a air filter you can get 235-240bhp from a good map :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Alright bud, same car route as me.
I didn't really like my LCR for a long time when I got it as the handling was NOTHING close to my 30mm dropped 106 GTI.
now I've got the handling sorted I recon it's not far off keeping up with a 106 in the twisties.
If you need any advise about the handling just shouts.

Welcome to the forum

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.