K&N or RamAir?

redgt

Mar 4, 2006
which filter to go for?
i want to be able to hear my forge 007
but since ther both open filters, i dont supose ther will be much difference?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
No no no on a K&N Filter, they oil the cone so it would kill your MAF.

RamAir, Dynatwist or BMC are the prefered, have a search.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Daz_gibbo said:
Why only those?

I think the general feeling on here is that overall they are proved to have the best build quality, fitment and results.

I've personally got a BMC CDA and i'm very impressed with it, and even though its an enlosed setup my DV is VERY loud :)

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
Beaker said:
I think the general feeling on here is that overall they are proved to have the best build quality, fitment and results.

I've personally got a BMC CDA and i'm very impressed with it, and even though its an enlosed setup my DV is VERY loud :)

beaker have you got any pics of it fitted? have you connected the cold air feed?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Not the best pic but you get the idea, and yeah the cold air feed is attached. I found that the DV is very loud with the cold air feed on or off. But the induction roar is definatly louder without the cold air pipe...

264rd.jpg

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
clean your engine bay its discusting lol! thanks for the pic though, im really tempted to get a BMC CDA as I dont like the fitment of a dynatwist at all and carbon fibre is a good material to prevent heatsoak

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
looking good phil, going to be taking the car off the road soon to get the strut brace, inlet manifold, rocker cover and dipstick retainer mirror polished, do you know if anyone local can do it? otherwise im going to use a company in devon recommended to me by RobDon

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Noooo! Use my main man Steve in swansea, he runs an alloy polishing service that do wheel refurbs as well. Top man, top work.

I'll get the number for you later.

davidol

Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
is that steveG60cab? do you know of a website where i can see some examples of his work? any ideas on the damage for all four items

rocker cover
inlet manifold
dipstick retainer
strut brace

statto_the_yid

Jul 5, 2005
BMC BMC - its the only place to be - had one on my Leon too and man it ROCKS, loud in its own right and gives an amighty sonic boom as you hit 120mph

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.