k1 middle silencer removal

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Well yesterday was a waste of time as the garage I went to thought I was supplying the new pipe so I phoned up 4 or 5 other local places and was either told they don't do that kind of work or they don't have a welder, did anyone have to supply the new pipe themselves?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well yesterday was a waste of time as the garage I went to thought I was supplying the new pipe so I phoned up 4 or 5 other local places and was either told they don't do that kind of work or they don't have a welder, did anyone have to supply the new pipe themselves?

Nope they had pipe lying around which was already the correct length... Most of the places I went to wouldn't do it but these were mainstream places... Talking about mot and crap! I went to all the smaller independent places and most of them could help just finding the cheapest one...

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Nope they had pipe lying around which was already the correct length... Most of the places I went to wouldn't do it but these were mainstream places... Talking about mot and crap! I went to all the smaller independent places and most of them could help just finding the cheapest one...

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2
I'll have to try a bit further afield then, if I get no luck theres infinity exhausts about 40 minutes away trouble is I'll probably leave with a full system lol.

dj_troopa

Sep 29, 2009
AlexK1 - Sounds nice that!

Might have to get my silencer removed to keep me entertained until i get a full system next year.

Nice one for the videos people!

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Well I finally got the mid box cut out today and it sounds better than I expected, it gives a nice little burble when I'm driving normally around town and when you put your foot down it produces a nice little blip when the dsg changes, overall well happy. :D

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
Glad you like dude! Does give a good sound!! I was well happy, altho now on full decat milltek! . Now that is awesome ha!

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Cheers mate I am now slowly tempting myself into getting a custom catback made with dual oval outlets so maybe later in the year I might give in lol.

M6ccy69

My Other Beast Is a R1
Nov 18, 2006
Accrington
Haha! You will! ;-) I did mine in stages too! Better that way...... you see n hear the difference.! More rewarding

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Good choice dude! One of my favourite low cost mods! Still tempted to get a BCS power valve system eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I've got the BCS downpipe/sport cat fitted with the standard catback. Gives a nice sound, a lot louder than with the standard downpipe. Thinking about losing the middle box at some point, not sure if it would be much louder though.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
I've got a 3 inch decat pipe with just the k1 back box and sounds amazing. Not too loud and gives a nice growl! I'd definitely drop the middle silencer richi

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I've got a 3 inch decat pipe with just the k1 back box and sounds amazing. Not too loud and gives a nice growl! I'd definitely drop the middle silencer richi

Will have to ask around local places if they can weld a pipe in instead. Want to make sure it's reliable though, don't want to be getting the exhaust repaired every 5 minutes lol

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Yeah definitely worth doing buddy, mines lasted very well. Had it done at a local welding/fabricating company

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise