Kandy white ibiza FR

May 21, 2009
Mods as of tomorrow will be rear wiper removal

And I've just had a new Bosch battery fitted today so been v.busy

Also going to order some bits from sere motors in next few days, as I'm preparing the car for sale I'm going to fit cupra gaitors and gearknob and hand brake also going to get the cupra vent things and possibly the lcr splitter also going to get detailed end of this month so will update as and when I can

stew002

If you def selling the car soonish i am seriously interested in buying it but wouldn't want any more mods... i like the mainly stock look and would like to come look at it too.
Was the turbo fitted due to old one failing or for performance upgrade?

May 21, 2009
As I've said to stoo if he's interested I can leave it but until the money is in my hand I just want to improve its looks

May 21, 2009
Just thought I'd put some current pics up

0EBD6BCD-C5E5-4306-8E7D-00CEEBD188B8-284-00000010E520ECCD.jpg

0CA7CA2E-6474-4633-9E3F-983DFB48A105-284-00000010EB3EB44A.jpg

E6AD4FA6-F85B-4071-876D-1081CA1C76E5-284-00000010F1723D34.jpg

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
Hey Lee, i'm looking to upgrade the turbo on my pd130 as well, do you have a link to the one you used and was is a straight swap over? (obviously new gaskets etc but was it pretty much plug and play?)
Since it was a 160 turbo did you notice a drop in low end power?
Cheers mate and good luck with selling.

May 21, 2009
I just left it to the garage mate and apart from it needing a egr delete it was straightforward apparantly
As for power this car pulls like a train with this turbo just holds its boost so well and doesn't seem to bleed off and if driven steady (I drive at 50mph on cruise on te motorway I get silly mpg :) )

8arran8

Oct 10, 2012
Dundee
Cheers buddy, was gonna give it a bash myself and see how it goes, darkside have a pd160 turbo so was gonna go for that.
Was the egr delete essential or did you just want it done?

May 21, 2009
They said it was essential and that it would improve mpg.

The dash lit is on but it's not detrimental, if it was easy to turn off I'd do that but don't want to go down the hassle of mapping costs just to get the light switched off!

Absolutely loving the car at the minute had a nice drive over bridlington on Saturday and as usually hasn't put a foot wrong, I know it's up for sale but I can't stop wanting to tinker, so contacted seat surgeons in north Yorkshire about seat retrims and possibly the dash and door cards in leather or alcantara.

Anyone know how the airbag deploys through the dash as covering the dash could I suppose void the insurance if it stopped the airbag from deploying??? Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Also got its mot on Wednesday and another 12 month ticket going on it, think it will need some tyres as I've done 27k on these and I can hear a creak from the bushes so going to replace them as well which are preferred polybush or regular cupra items???

Last edited:
May 21, 2009
Cars till doing well and just purchased a few items, first of all I've bought some cupra tdi clocks for the white top dials more than anything so will get them stripped down when they arrive

Also in the process of looking into a leather retrim anyone know any good trimmers or can you buy the kits to do yourself?

May 21, 2009
Just ordered so me new LEDs to do the instruments when I take them out

Does anyone know if I can get rear number plate LEDs and which ones they are?

May 21, 2009
Still waiting for my clocks to arrive but Christ how small are the smds

So tiny think I may need a magnifying glass to solder them on

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members