Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Gracey

Apr 21, 2013
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Cheers, I just try keep it as clean as I can. I wash my car nearly every week when the weather is good, this time of year isn't as often.

I was just pricing these up the other day, handling mods I'm planning on getting are going to be Awesome ALK (which uses SuperPro bushes), SuperPro adjustable ball joints, H&R ARB kit 28mm front and 24mm rear. Am thinking of coilovers and a LSD but they won't be for a while yet.

I try to clean mine every week too but doesn't seem to have the same shine as yours! Spent today on it though and similar now :)

I've been asking around a few guys on here and they have recommended anti lift kits! Had thought of the white line ones, is the awesome kit better than the whiteline? and the H&R arb kit too was suggested so ill probably go for them!
Does the adjustable ball joints make much difference?
I've got coilovers in already and guys have said to get a diff but don't fancy one yet/any time soon!

Wheels look superb btw! Very nice colour!

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
How would you like to come over sometime? Just park it on the drive and we'll have a cuppa and talk car parts.
Can't guarantee you'll have the same alloys when you leave....but you'll leave with a new friend :)

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Could you not get away with 3mm spacer?

I'm still thinking about getting 3mm spacer, but I spoke to Alex at AKS and 4 other people that bought his BBK are on TD's and haven't had any issues.

I try to clean mine every week too but doesn't seem to have the same shine as yours! Spent today on it though and similar now :)

I've been asking around a few guys on here and they have recommended anti lift kits! Had thought of the white line ones, is the awesome kit better than the whiteline? and the H&R arb kit too was suggested so ill probably go for them!

Does the adjustable ball joints make much difference?

I've got coilovers in already and guys have said to get a diff but don't fancy one yet/any time soon!

Wheels look superb btw! Very nice colour!

Cheers mate, the Awesome ALK uses the SuperPro bushes which I've read and been told that they are better than the whiteline kit. The Awesome kit is also cheaper.
The adjustable ball joint allows you to adjust the camber, I don't really know that much about them but I've been told they help improve handling.

Mate I still can't get over how nice your car looks with them wheels on lol

Cheers mate their really growing on me, am thinking of getting them refurbed the same colour.

Alright mate.

I'm planning on doin my first track day soon so I wanted to ask what prep work did you did to the car prior to putting it on???

I probably didn't do everything I was meant to but I just checked everything was right oil, coolant, brake fluid, tyre pressures, full tank of fuel.

I was going to remove the back seats and spare wheel, but didn't get round it. I'll be doing it next time.

There is a thread on here about trackday prep I'll have a look for a link for you.

Does look awesome don't it :thumbup:

I love the colour of them TDs

Cheers

How would you like to come over sometime? Just park it on the drive and we'll have a cuppa and talk car parts.
Can't guarantee you'll have the same alloys when you leave....but you'll leave with a new friend :)

Hahaha, no thanks mate I quite like these wheels.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Let me know how you get on with you brakes upgrade... I could really do with some stopping power before long! lol

These brakes are brilliant mate miles better than the standard brakes. I highly recommend them but Alex AKS tuning only made 10 sets of these brakes and unfortunately he sold them all last year. Think I got the last set.

Lol Yeah you'll defiantly need some better stoppers with that much power and 4wd.

SeanH.

VAG *****
May 27, 2012
Dublin
Strongly thinking about upgrading to a MK2 Cupra R after reading through this thread. Hats off to you man, it's a beautiful looking car! :thumbup:

Shame, I'd rarely ever see one over here in Ireland :( would love a cheeky test drive :p

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Strongly thinking about upgrading to a MK2 Cupra R after reading through this thread. Hats off to you man, it's a beautiful looking car! :thumbup:

Shame, I'd rarely ever see one over here in Ireland :( would love a cheeky test drive :p

Cheers fella, but a lot of how the car looks is down to the previous owners good taste splitter, skirts and black cupra r alloys. I had planned on doing these things but when this 1 popped up for sale 20mile from me I went for a test drive and fell in love there and then.

Just got to keep a look out for 1. I think it was only like 12 days from the previous owner trading it in to my driving away with it.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
As people have said my TD's 2-3mm clearance over the brakes would get small stones in behind the spokes and scratch the brakes.
Well yesterday I noticed a tiny scratch on my calipers so I've ordered some eBay 3mm spacer to give me the extra clearance. I'll get some pics when my wheels come off to fit the spacers.

Another note I've got my name down on a Group buy on the mk5golfgti forum for BCS downpipe and sports cat. So when there is 10 people with their names down I'll be booking my car in to have the dp fit at BCS. I'm going to organise the dp fitting so I go to Awesome after and get APR stage 2 software installed.
A little bit of extra power to look forward to, can't wait.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
A great thread and a great looking car, especially with the wheel and brake combo. It sounds like you're very lucky to have the AKS BBK if Alex only made 10 sets. The 370mm discs look epic [B)] The BCS systems for the Mk2s are becoming very popular - performs really well and sound great too!

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
A great thread and a great looking car, especially with the wheel and brake combo. It sounds like you're very lucky to have the AKS BBK if Alex only made 10 sets. The 370mm discs look epic [B)] The BCS systems for the Mk2s are becoming very popular - performs really well and sound great too!

Cheers mate. I do really like the brakes and wheels I'm really pleased with how they look together.
I'm glad I got the BBK while I got chance.
BCS group buy has finished so won't be long till I get booked in for fitting.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
My 3mm spacer turned up last week, I got some time at the weekend to get them fit.

66C9A0B1-4EF3-48F2-9E1B-6C461A0234F6.jpg

533A5B51-45D6-4ADB-B16A-58F89D6093EC.jpg

Here is the scratch on the caliper that made me get the spacer. Looks worse than it actually is because of the brake dust in the scratch.

B3DEE64E-E90D-4D31-9E30-2D7E46ABA252.jpg

New clearance with the spacer on, loads better

46BDAA2A-DEA9-46FF-AE54-0115AB431AB4.jpg

These also arrived last week, THS FR3 engine top mounts. I bought them second hand off The mk5 forum, hopefully I get them fit in the next few weeks.

7FE109EA-6556-4675-81E5-C1F6B4374A8A.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members