KW V1 coilovers and eibach ARB's ordered

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
KW V1 coilovers and Eibach anti-roll bars ordered for my car. getting fitted on the 20th Jan by Star Performance in Kirkaldy, Scotland :)

Looking to get lowered by a min 30mm.

Anyone know low can you go without arch scraping issues with tyres? :confused:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
haha :)

its trial and error really. Ive had mine very low before, but was just too low. Depends what you will use the car for really ie; fully loaded/trackdays, and how many speed bumps are in your area.

V1's are great. I used to have the Eibach prostreet-S which were pretty much identical, nice ride. still comfortable. Im sure you will be very pleased.

Did you go for front and rear ARB's?

Last edited:

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
The kw1 is perfect for a cupra and in combination with the ARB's I tried max. 50 mm and all was fine.
Since I don't use the Cupra for circuits I removed the arb's, imho. the car was getting too bumpy on bad roads (but if it's not your everyday ride it is more fun to drive)

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
I have front and rear ARB's. The H&R stiffer variety. It has made the car alot bumper on roads, espeicaly on motorways it tends to bounce up and down a bit, the car is alot stiffer now.

After talking to people at Awesome, they recommended just a rear ARB, so was thining of removing the front one t some point but never got round to it.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
PS, I have no idea how much my car is lowered by, but I can measure the distance between the tyre and the wheel arch, And you wouldnt want to go any lower than that.

jamiebennett81

you wont be dissappointed to say the least

these alone were the two best modifications on my Leon (KW V1's are excellent quality!). ARB's IMO are the best modification (bar a remap of course)

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Cheers for the advice guys. My tdi fr ride Is pretty harsh anyway so surely can't be worse than that. Wanted it lowered and car can understeer a bit, so hoping these mods will give me the two things I want from my car. Can't wait til the kit is fitted :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.