Lambda spacers for LCR de-cat MOT

drka-drka

New Schooler
Just wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing.

My friend who is from the vauxual world told me about them, says they are simply a spacer that connected to the exhaust then the sensor to that. This takes the sensor out of direct airflow giving a false reading not giving you the light on the dash. Happy days!!!

Had a look on eBay and there is loads of options, so they do exist.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O2-Oxygen-lambda-Sensor-spacer-Isolators-extender-De-cat-short-Fits-all?item=180970331648&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2358519006747987653#ht_2051wt_989

Anyone have any idea the thread of the lambda sensor?

My system is a Miltek

Spank you very much

Last edited:

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
I don't know if the threads are different but I don't think the spacer is enough to pass through an MOT mind!!

They now do a CAT test as well as an emission test, only saying as you had MOT in your subject title.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
You want the awesome one its angled and Tom on here brought the eBay and is now getting the awesome one.

It's more pricey at £25 but its worth it mine works a treat.

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
I'm not to sure buddy but I have a friendly MOT tester and he asked me to change it over for the standard cat's because a new CAT test was now mandatory to do with emissions test!

He's allowed a decat before on a previous car but couldn't this time due to the new test. Sorry I haven't got any more information for you, just going by my own experience.

LCRnorwich

Apr 8, 2012
The MOT CAT test, is basically if it was fitted with a CAT from factory (i.e 1992 onwards I think) It must have a CAT in place, if the MOT tester can not see the CAT it will fail, even if it passes the emmisions.

drka-drka

New Schooler
6c1f72aa81057fdda14092ac1970214d.jpg

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Nice *****.
I'm still not 100% on going the de cat/sports cat route. I have already thought about having a dummy cat welded on for VOSA road side checks if I go de cat. This now may also be a good idea for MOTs. As I said earlier the MOT tester had to "try" his best to get my car to pass the emissions test recently...

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Umm and the relentless DP and sports cats only £290 delivered.:think:
It's just how restrictive are sports cats at stage 2?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.