Will this Induction Kit fit my LC180

ianmessy

May 12, 2010
Carlisle, Cumbria
Hi guys, found it on the bay for Golf fittment but am I right that it will fit my 2004 1.8T 20v 180?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK4-00-04-1-8T-20V-COLD-RAM-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT-/200624888324?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5962105977977263910

I know its not a Jetex, K&N or pipercross but looks value for everything included.

If it will fit would it be a straight forward airbox out this in and no further parts needed?

Appreciate the help/advice....

i just ordered one of these myself. i wont be keeping the filter on it for too long ill end up swapping for a better filter like jetex in a few weeks. can really fault the price for the whole kit tho. it looks promising.

yeah you cant fault the price of it. well hoping mine arrives today but with the snow i wont be fitting it anyway lol. ill probably wait until my intercooler arrives and just do the lot of the stage 2 upgrades in 1 hit. :D lots of shiny alloy pipes in the engine bay.

DMackie

Oct 3, 2008
Aberdeen
I cant fault this induction kit, had a bit of a struggle getting into the wing but once you do its a good snug fit.
I sprayed mine before installing it but will be redoing it in satin black soon and adding a better filter.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
yeah you cant fault the price of it. well hoping mine arrives today but with the snow i wont be fitting it anyway lol. ill probably wait until my intercooler arrives and just do the lot of the stage 2 upgrades in 1 hit. :D lots of shiny alloy pipes in the engine bay.

Yeah can do it with bumper on, mine was but if it's coming off anyway, mays well wait.

ianmessy

May 12, 2010
Carlisle, Cumbria
I cant fault this induction kit, had a bit of a struggle getting into the wing but once you do its a good snug fit.
I sprayed mine before installing it but will be redoing it in satin black soon and adding a better filter.

Cheers for that, what do you mean "getting into the wing" ?
Do you have a pic of it installed?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Here's mine

DSC05576.jpg

ianmessy

May 12, 2010
Carlisle, Cumbria
No mine stayed in place but mine is separated by the battery (can see the hose clips) i guess for ease of fitment.

Thanks Lee69, thinking this may be a bit more work than I want, capable of or have the temperament for!
Might look about for shorter kit & heatshield or go the drilled airbox route. Just really want an all singing/dancing induction kit, all in one box for sensible money:(

Yeah can do it with bumper on, mine was but if it's coming off anyway, mays well wait.

i got my intercooler ordered just waiting on delivery. i need to get my bumper off to remove the headlights which need re building as previous owner uver adjusted the main beam and they both fell out lol. ill be spraying the chrome black too while im in the process. i cant wait to do this stage 2 project. ill do my best to post some fitting guides and plenty of pictures to help out others looking to do the same. :help:

Thanks Lee69, thinking this may be a bit more work than I want, capable of or have the temperament for!
Might look about for shorter kit & heatshield or go the drilled airbox route. Just really want an all singing/dancing induction kit, all in one box for sensible money:(

im running a drilled airbox with a k&n panal filter. the sound is a bit more burbly and has a nice grunt when under load. as long as you drill on the right hand side only you wont affect the heat soak. when i drilled mine i followed a guide on here and i started from the far right and using vag com i monitored my inlet temp and air Gs so i didnt produce negative gains and i actually improved my airflow and inlet temp. well i hope so anyway it was very slight but at least it was not a negative result. a mate done the same in a mk3 golf and he completely drilled the bottom of the box and it looks like swiss cheese now and hes now getting heatsoak but its not drastic.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

It's easy, removing the battery is a 5 minute job even if you have to.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
i got my intercooler ordered just waiting on delivery. i need to get my bumper off to remove the headlights which need re building as previous owner uver adjusted the main beam and they both fell out lol. ill be spraying the chrome black too while im in the process. i cant wait to do this stage 2 project. ill do my best to post some fitting guides and plenty of pictures to help out others looking to do the same. :help:

This guide is good for the bumper http://fallenangelxsi.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=24212843&cr=2&rfm=y

clarky_gtr

hmm, i might give this a bash. fairly cheap, but be intresting to see how easy it is to install keeping in mind the space with the battery and air box snorkel there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ianmessy

May 12, 2010
Carlisle, Cumbria
im running a drilled airbox with a k&n panal filter. the sound is a bit more burbly and has a nice grunt when under load. as long as you drill on the right hand side only you wont affect the heat soak. when i drilled mine i followed a guide on here and i started from the far right and using vag com i monitored my inlet temp and air Gs so i didnt produce negative gains and i actually improved my airflow and inlet temp. well i hope so anyway it was very slight but at least it was not a negative result. a mate done the same in a mk3 golf and he completely drilled the bottom of the box and it looks like swiss cheese now and hes now getting heatsoak but its not drastic.

My cars an unmodified 2004 31k and trying to resist the urge to change too much, think I'll try drilled box, been trying to get on on fleabay but keep getting outbid, rather keep my original if need or want to put back in. I do have a 02 Leon Cupra 180 at work to trade so might sneak it off before I sell it to the trade :D