Lane change (orange light on door)

Mar 31, 2022
Hello ,

My Leon KL arrives in 2 weeks and the dealership said that it wasnt possible to add the lane departure system because of the packages SEAT allows them to have . I applied the ambient lighting all around , it has ACC , Park Assist , Lane Assist e.t.c.

Does anyone know if it can be activated by coding ?

Thanks.

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
Unfortunately, your car does not have the necessary hardware for the lane change detection so cannot be activated by coding. The system uses two radar sensors behind the rear bumper to detect the presence of cars coming up behind you.
It might be worth contacting East Yorkshire Retrofits who may offer this upgrade in the future but I would imagine it would be very expensive.

Reactions: nikolas7203
Mar 31, 2022
Okay thanks for the reply !
I just recieved my car yesterday.
Is this sensor specifically only applied for this function ? I mean doesnt the park assist need this too ? How can we ensure it ?

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
The park assist uses ultrasonic sensors that you can see when looking at the front and rear bumpers. The lane change detection uses radar sensors mounted behind the rear bumper. No amount of coding can enable it if the radar sensors are not fitted.

Reactions: nikolas7203
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.