Larger washer bottle needed

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Hi All.

I have done some searching, but not found what i what I want. I know that Seat make a larger washer bottle for the Ibiza and have been quoted about £30 for the parts, and I am thinking of getting it, but how do you change it.

Is it as easy as removing the near side front wheel and inner liner removing some bolts and out comes the old and in with the new, or is it more complex?

Thanks
Josh

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
It would probably be easier to remove the bumper aswell to gain more access. You might even have to remove the passenger side headlight too. iirc there are 4-5 10mm bolts that secure the bottle in place. Hopefully you'll be able to separate the main bottle from the filler neck (the joint is on the right hand side of the battery), otherwise you may have to remove the front panel that supports the rads etc to get it out.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The 4.5l bottle is for vehicles with the headlight washers. You might need to block off the extra pipes if you fit it. Filling up every morning seems alot, maybe better quality screenwash would help? If you fit the larger one you would only end up filling it every other morning instead of every morning :p

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Make sure you don't waste your screenwash and set the jets up so that you don't spray your roof and the car behind.

The larger bottle would have 2 motors so you would need a gromet to block off the second motor hole.

veezee

Power Hungry/Clueless
Jun 10, 2008
London
Does screenwash last longer then?

It cleans a damn site better than water, so yeah ;)

With reference to what nathwarr said - how would I go about adjusting the settings? My jets seem WAAAAY too strong, if I fully pull the stalk it shoots way over the roof of my car.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
You can move the fan sprays on the front up and down, the rear is a different design and a bit more fiddly.

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
also when spraying, dont just hold the stalk for ages, give it 2/3 quick squirts between wipes. the fan jets are good as each quick spray covers the whole screen pretty much.

maybe u could fit a 2 litre coke bottle somewhere and feed a pipe into the top of the washer bottle. some clever gravity trick or a pump maybe to feed it into the main bottle as it empties....

this is a joke btw.

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
Fit a roof box, fill it with water then put a hose to ur washer bottle, even better than a coke bottle!

i like it. don't need a pump then, gravity will work.

i feel handling could be impared somewhat.:drive2: and braking could be fun. and acceleration might suffer :D

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
Thanks for all the advise. The price quoted included the various plugs to block the extra holes for the xenon lights. I use screenwash and qualitly stuff. will try the pumping action.

Thanks

Josh

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Simple job to do, there is a quide on here somewhere. Just take the front bumper off and undo the nuts holding the old bottle in place. Use brute force to 'perswade' the old bottle out and the new bottle in. Bumper back on and your away:). I can now go for a whole week without filling it (500 miles a week). The only thing to be carefull of is when undoing the nuts on the bottle that the bolts(which are attached to the bottle by thin bits of plastic) dont rip off. your then left with a rusted solid nut and bolt which you cant get at to undo because the washer bottle is in the way (which is attached by the bolt:rolleyes:)

Youll see how to do it when you take the bumper off anyhow.