Launch Control (ish) FR TDI

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
:DHi guys tryed mine on way home tonight after 40 mile trip it deffo goes to 3k and no further, but didnt try flooring it cos of heavy rain:rolleyes: I have to ask dealer about this be there sat pick up new handbrake cover:D

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Mine is a 56 plate and works like a dream. Its more to do with engine rev management than launch control though i think

Icehquk

Jun 22, 2007
Staffs
Tried it and worked on my 07 but still struggles for grip in the dry 2 and a half would have suited launch control I'd say it's engine protection. Red line is over 4k more like 4100 :)

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I wonder if my ESP is faulty? TC works OK though.

Do you have to be stationary for a certain amount of time before this limit kicks in?

Nope, but you have to be stationary and in first gear with the clutch held down in mine otherwise it goes to the limit.

JMP

May 27, 2004
Manual does not have launch control, only DSG. Also when the engine is cold, it doesnt work.

FRTDI170

I've been getting some strange looks trying it in my 56 FR TDI - just revs to red line!

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Well mines a manual and diesel and it works fine
Put clutch to the floor
Floor accelerater pedal (stops at 3k)
Engage 1st and release clutch.
Smash into cars/house/dog/hedge

Job done

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
Does anyone elses car feel like the front end is going to detach its self from the rear when you give the car lots of welly in 1st or 2nd? The car shudders all over the place.. breaks my heart lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.