Lazy lights!

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
Morning. I have had my VZ2 310 for a while now and there are bits I love and lots of bits I don't. One thing I am not a fan of is the transition from low to high beam. Compared to other cars I have had, it takes an age! This is particularly noticeable when you try and flash the lights. It's like they are drunk as they are so slow. I have had people not notice I have flashed the lights. Is this another quirk of the Formentor?

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
Morning. I have had my VZ2 310 for a while now and there are bits I love and lots of bits I don't. One thing I am not a fan of is the transition from low to high beam. Compared to other cars I have had, it takes an age! This is particularly noticeable when you try and flash the lights. It's like they are drunk as they are so slow. I have had people not notice I have flashed the lights. Is this another quirk of the Formentor?
I think it’s the type of light. I’m not sure if you’ve had a car with LED lights through a lens, but the lag is the lens physically moving to raise the beam. Rather than a separate bulb like a halogen setup. Or at least that’s my hypothesis!

raylee25

Jan 24, 2012
London
I feel your pain. I think the range of the full beam is not very great as well. I've had the garage check it out and they say all is fine. so i'm wondering if i can manually adjust it myself.

samm

Oil be back!!
Nov 5, 2003
Horsham
sammullahy.50megs.com
I think it’s the type of light. I’m not sure if you’ve had a car with LED lights through a lens, but the lag is the lens physically moving to raise the beam. Rather than a separate bulb like a halogen setup. Or at least that’s my hypothesis!
I agree with you. There is no instant reaction as there is obviously something moving...slowly! It also pisses drivers coming in the opposite direction when it takes and age for them to change when the auto lights are in action. Ho hum!!

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
They are slightly faster at tilting then the Matrix LEDs I had on my previous Ford but yeah, I'm used to holding the flash down until I can see the beam reach the drivers eyeline.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
This is particularly noticeable when you try and flash the lights.
Indeed, when I try to flash it seems crawling-slow...
However, when driving in dark conditions and when the High-beam-assist has to switch between the two positions it doesn't seem that slow anymore.
Maybe it's just me...

as there is obviously something moving...slowly!
that's also my perception. I think it's the same LEDs used for both beams, and the computer is just changing the height via the leveling system. That's how I see it on the non-Matrix headlights of my Formentor.
However, on Octavia mk4 I had the Matrix (which is way better than the Matrix on the Formentor) and it was really fast; not to mention that you could see separate sections in the headlight for the high and for the low beam.

Attachments

• octavia4-Silver_MatrLED_low.jpg
    octavia4-Silver_MatrLED_low.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 25
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.