*LC and cold air feed*

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Right guys,i've searched this place for info on adding a cold air feed to LC 180 20VT's,all that comes up is info for the LCR boys and links that have either died or photo's have gone.Surely a LC owner has done this mod,i looked in the engine bay and there's no way on earth,an 80mm feed pipe can be sited in the normal way,there's maybe an inch between battery and headlight covers,and existing scoop.The battery obviously has to be moved,just really after some guidance and if possible pics of how to do this.
Cheers.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If you take out the old feed pipe and the bit of plastic that sit's behind the headlight you should beable to feed the 80mm pipe down towards the fog light

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
Had a look at that way mate but even with the headlight cover off,it just seems far too tight,and this is prob a real numpty question but if it gets positioned it cant just 'dangle' downwards can it,it HAS to face frontwards to capture as much air as possible yea?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You worded that well :lol:
It will need to be angled toward's the front.
Once you take out the old pipe you should be able to see where it will go down to the fog light.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'm sure one of the LC boy's will be along soon, but it might help to remove the inner wing to give some room to pull it down

Jul 29, 2006
cumbria
www.facebook.com
haha i do have a way with words :blink: i did try this yesterday,took the airbox out,feed pipe, all ready to mod the box for the 80mm pipe,n then had a look n thought sh@@ where the hell is that gonna go:shrug: removed the headlight cover and bit of old feed cover next to it but no joy :cry:

munkyboy

Jul 24, 2008
Cardiff
Just fitted my cold air feed in seemed like it would take about 30 mins but took me a couple of hours. In the end I had to take the front bumber off to get some of the bits out. When I get home later (as im in work lol) will take a photo and post it up for you to have a look

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
I realise you've not got an LCR but theres some pics of my cold air feed in my readers ride thread if there of any use.

Fits quite well to be honest.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
+1.
ive taken mine apart but cant get a feed in there!
decided to concentrate on the intercooler. but would like one all the same.

i got a another filter GREEN one ... and some more hose for cold air intake will have to post some pics this week, nick has had a sneak look...:)

nick will give you some more ideas on next meet mate.. ok?:D

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Did you relocate the battery? just remove the shroud? widen the airbox intake????? must know :)

I have not relocated the battery.

What shroud are you talking about? if you mean the battery cover then no I've not touched this.....the only thing I removed was the original air feed pipe and the plastic panel behind the headlight to allow acess for the new feed.

Yes I had to make the hole in the air box bigger to accept the bigger feed.

This is how to do it..

Easiest thing would be to remove the air box and original feed.

If your planning on running the new feed to the back of the headlight then you will save a lot of work as you will not have to remove the battery or trim behind headlight.

If you want to run new feed down behind bumper you will need to remove the battery, remove the covers that go over back of headlamp then remove the piece of trim thats in the way of getting the new air feed down behind bumper.

If your going to smooth the airbox or drill holes nows the time..

you will now need to enlarge the hole in the air box to accept the bigger feed.....a dremel is perfect for this......once done and your happy it fits then you can bond it into the box.

You can now put the box back in and either extend/run the pipe down to the back of the headlight OR if you removed it earlier down behind the bumper.

If you choose to run it behind bumper you'll find it alot easier to jack the car up so you can reach under the bumper and put the feed where you want......removing the fog light and taking the old hole as a feed would be good......the foglight on other side is right in front of standard intercooler to so it serves 2 purposes.

Thats about it really its pretty simple to be honest :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.