LCR/20VT Parts Advice

kbird

Please can you help? I race a 20VT that's been part upgraded to LCR spec. Yesterday I had a start line shunt and now need to start searching Breaker Yards for parts. My questions are;

1. The rear beam needs replacement, it is the original 20VT beam but is the beam common to all Leons? Was it upgraded for the 20VT/Cupra/LCR?
2. The front wishbones were replaced for cast ones, are these only fitted to LCR or are they also fitted to Cupra?
3. Is the steering rack the same across the range? Mine was replaced from the 20VT to an LCR rack, but are they all the same?
4. Are all front cross members common?
5. Is there a on line parts catalogue available to help?

Thanks

Kevin Bird

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Please can you help? I race a 20VT that's been part upgraded to LCR spec. Yesterday I had a start line shunt and now need to start searching Breaker Yards for parts. My questions are;

1. The rear beam needs replacement, it is the original 20VT beam but is the beam common to all Leons? Was it upgraded for the 20VT/Cupra/LCR?
2. The front wishbones were replaced for cast ones, are these only fitted to LCR or are they also fitted to Cupra?
3. Is the steering rack the same across the range? Mine was replaced from the 20VT to an LCR rack, but are they all the same?

Thanks

Kevin Bird

1) rear beam is common across the range and Mk4 golf.
2) wishbones are LCR/TT/S3 specific - different to ordinary Cupra/Mk4 golf
3) LCR rack is quicker than the standard Cupra rack. - I think it's the same as TT/S3
4) Crossmembers are common - rear mounting bushes are better on TT/S3?

kbird

EasterRace1.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland

Thanks

Kevin Bird
The rear beam is the same but the bushes on the LCR is the stiffest of the VAG range
These are fitted to the TT/R32/S3
Upgrade VAG one for the R32/TT/S3/LCR
The front Sub frame is differently bushed than the other VAG models and theres a exhaust hanging bracket on the LCR that other models doesn't have.
www.vagcat.com or get onto ebay and get a copy of ELSAWIN/Bentley.
Worth its weight in gold and has all the workshop manuals with parts listings

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.