LCR electric folding mirror issue

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey folks,

The other morning I went to unfold my mirrors as I do every day but nothing happened!

I was in a rush so just pushed them out.

I know to disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes to fix this but the drivers side mirror seems to have loosened a bit (due to pushing them out) as when I'm driving it vibrates.

Any advice? (have not disconnected the battery yet)

Any help would be great!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I know to disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes to fix this but the drivers side mirror seems to have loosened a bit (due to pushing them out) as when I'm driving it vibrates.

Assume it's just the painted shell of the mirror that is loose and vibrating?? if so it's only held on by 2 screws on the underside of the wing mirror (screw heads face the floor if you follow?) try to undo the screws and make sure the shell is sat properly on the mirror 'chasis'.

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Assume it's just the painted shell of the mirror that is loose and vibrating?? if so it's only held on by 2 screws on the underside of the wing mirror (screw heads face the floor if you follow?) try to undo the screws and make sure the shell is sat properly on the mirror 'chasis'.

Yeah just the whole unit that seems loose from me forcing it outwards like from where its attached to the joint?

Basically if you grab the whole mirror with your hand you can move it up and down slightly.

Cheers folks.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading

If they are teardrop mirros the cover just push on.

My square shape mirrors are clip on too, so which mirrors are you talking about Rudd?!

Yeah just the whole unit that seems loose from me forcing it outwards like from where its attached to the joint?

Basically if you grab the whole mirror with your hand you can move it up and down slightly.

Cheers folks.

How hard did you force them open?! Check the joints around where it joins the car body then, is there movement visible there?

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Right finally got a bit of time and light to sort the motor.

I disconnected the red wire leading from the positive on the battery and the alarm went off as expected. I reconnected it and I hopped into the drivers seat and the mirrors folded in (yey) but didn't fold out....I realised I had not set the switch back to where it was or pushed the mirrors back in (position when stopped working)

So I set everything to where it was when it stopped working and disconnected the POSITIVE black connection but the alarm did not go off?

I waited 5 minutes and re connected the battery hoping my mirrors would be fine again but nothing.

Any ideas folks? I don't want to have to push them out again.

Thanks

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Take of the negative and the positive of the battery and join them together, it will drain every bit of power and might result in it working again.

Booya

LCR 225
Nov 17, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
WOOP WOOP!! I got it to work.

The terminals would not reach to discharge BUT I locked the car then disconnected them terminals, let the alarm go off 3 times and re conected. At first it didn't work but then after a few seconds its working again!!

Pretty strange....I have only had the car for about a month and so far it has resulted in me breaking my finger and the battery died on me after leaving my HIDs on for about 30mins with the engine off and the mirrors stopped working......drives like a dream though. Now I just need to get my lights to flash when I lock/unlock.

Thanks for your time Lee : )

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
It connects to the car via the port under the ashtray, and obviously a laptop ;)

You can change various things on the car, record logs to see how the car is performing, scans the car for faults when you get the orange dash EML or even when you don't.

Just scratched the surface there.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.