LCR fan issues

Gooders

Jan 11, 2010
Land of Bakewell puddin's
Hi, my fan on my '05 LCR used to come on just after 90 degrees...now it doesnt come on at all...ive let it go up to 100 degrees and its still not come on...anyone have any answers or had the same problem?

does everyone elses come on just after 90?

thanks

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Fans are known to be crap on these cars. Its a VW fault - some internal resistor fails that can't be replaced. There is some stuff on here (you'll need to search) that redirects to UK-MKIVS.NET for a guid on building a fix for it.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
If the fans don't even come on with aircon then the supply of power is either broken or both fans are completely dead.

If the fans do come on with aircon but don't come on with high engine temps then its more likely a sensor.

But then theres the fan control unit, I have no idea what this does. I guess if this is dead the fans won't work either.

Gooders

Jan 11, 2010
Land of Bakewell puddin's
If the fans don't even come on with aircon then the supply of power is either broken or both fans are completely dead.

If the fans do come on with aircon but don't come on with high engine temps then its more likely a sensor.

But then theres the fan control unit, I have no idea what this does. I guess if this is dead the fans won't work either.

None of the fans come on at all...does this sound expensive?
...anyone had this problem before?

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
Check the fuses. I think they are on top of the battery on the Leon (if it's the same as the Ibiza). Otherwise it's a case of jacking the car up and putting power to them directly to check if they are working. If they do work then look at the fan controller.

I had 1 fan fail (it'd basically melted the fan housing) and caused the other not to run. The fans not working in turn caused the aircon pump to seize and shear the fail safe pulley on the pump. I replaced the fan (try Murrays for parts http://www.murraysdirect.co.uk/ ) and then changed the pulley and all has been fine since. Touch wood :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mine blew a fuse i replaced it, but it also burnt the "holder" i had to get anew one from seremotors.

Is the 40 amp the "solid" fuse or the spade one can't remember?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise