lcr fuel pump

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
iam in need of the lcr 4 bar fuel pump for my ihi conversion as iam sure you all no they are just shy of £200.
As iam strugeling for cash at the mo would it not be a gud idea to get one from a breakers yard or ebay ? or would i be beter just biteing the bullet and getting a new one ?:confused:

tommy2008cupra

yep same one as i got, quite resonable just dont listen to fuel gauge lol

tommy2008cupra

i know pain in the ass to do lol not hard just cant be bothered

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
thanks robbie would you say the pierburg one is just as good as the one from the steelers?? as it is £70 cheaper??:D

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
I had a similar issue with a Pierburg pump, see http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213149

1J0 919 051J is 3 bar, not sure on H though

Call SEAT and ask what that comes up with, or ask Flapper/Roly to confirm :)

Ive read your thread but I dont get why I got a 3bar pump(witch I think I have) when threre is people on here who has fitted this pump and claims its a 4bar pump.

Main reason for getting this pump was that people on here recomended it so either I got the wrong from ECP means they labeled it wrong or we all (bought from EuroCarParts) have the 3bar pumps.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
How do the people that fitted them *know* they have a 4 bar pump? It just may be a perceived improvement from a new pump that performs better than their old one.

This is why I went genuine :( Best you can do is call ECP and verify that the pump you have corresponds to VW part # 8L0 919 051 H and ask whether it's 4 bar. You could also email Pierburg with the part number to verify what it's rated at, that's what I did with mine.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
How do the people that fitted them *know* they have a 4 bar pump? It just may be a perceived improvement from a new pump that performs better than their old one.

This is why I went genuine :( Best you can do is call ECP and verify that the pump you have corresponds to VW part # 8L0 919 051 H and ask whether it's 4 bar. You could also email Pierburg with the part number to verify what it's rated at, that's what I did with mine.

So my guess is thats everyone who bought this pump(http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/S...bc12bf023a29b3d581fa471328e495d42fc905b4&FPUM) has actually bought a 3bar pump and not a 4bar as people on here has claimed and the benefit they thought they´ve gain is the difference between a old and new pump. ECP has never used lcr or 8l0 919 051H in their applications on the pump. I bought it in good faith that this was a 4bar after reading on several threads on here that this was the one. The price for a new one from vw dealer is massive £650 over here(norway) but likely where I´ll end up at last.

As for the pump its not a pierburg but a VDO

Tilsalgsbilder001.jpg

Prebs

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Ah sorry my bad. The OE pumps are VDO so that's a good sign but the part number doesn't seem right.

I knew Norway was expensive but £650?! You could probably buy a genuine one from Sere Motors on here and get it shipped for less than £250, they retail at ~£210 with VAT in the UK at SEAT

Maybe check with VDO that their part number matches up to a 3 or 4 bar pump?

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Ah sorry my bad. The OE pumps are VDO so that's a good sign but the part number doesn't seem right.

I knew Norway was expensive but £650?! You could probably buy a genuine one from Sere Motors on here and get it shipped for less than £250, they retail at ~£210 with VAT in the UK at SEAT

Maybe check with VDO that their part number matches up to a 3 or 4 bar pump?

Well I`ve been sitting with the computer since I got the pump yesterday and searched on every number and digit on the fecing pump. All I get is info about Chinese pirat pumps and Ive tried every search engine availeble. I ve mailed vdo but no answeres yet, but I did find info that indicates that this is a 3bar pump but nothing solid. So my question is if I am the only one whos actually ordered this pump? No point of installing it then as my car has only covered 28200 miles so the standard one is in perfectly nick.

Will have my eyes open and try to get a hold of one with the right number if this turns out to be a 3bar witch Im almost sirten it is.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members