lcr highflow downpipe

rydoo

Oct 20, 2009
paisley
hey guys i already have a decat pipe so would only want the highflow downpipe,best place to get this and rough price? also herd this causes pops and bangs? true?

Thanks

Jul 8, 2007
hi mate yea mine pops an burbles quite abit got a few vids on youtube unsername karlc21 me myself an a others praise pipewerx excellent quality go take a look i paid 375£ for 3"downpipe an sports cat

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
hey guys i already have a decat pipe so would only want the highflow downpipe,best place to get this and rough price? also herd this causes pops and bangs? true?

Thanks

You might have to change your de-cat, as the OE down pipe spilt's into 2 pipes, your de-cat should be y shaped.
The high flow down pipes are just 1x 3" pipe

rydoo

Oct 20, 2009
paisley
You might have to change your de-cat, as the OE down pipe spilt's into 2 pipes, your de-cat should be y shaped.
The high flow down pipes are just 1x 3" pipe

yeah mate was thinking that,unless i go custom :S where could i get just the downpipe? everyone ive seen has a sports cat?

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
My downpipe mates with the standard cat, I can't think who makes it though, if it comes to me I'll post..

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
It sure does, best thing about it :D

Got a feeling it may be a Piper 2.5" DP.. (But really am not 100%)

250420091108.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
I've got a feeling it was 200 or something for my downpipe and decat, which I've just confirmed is a Piper downpipe and Magnex decat.

Not sure where you could buy it to be honest, maybe Google it?

Was a pig to fit, but is easier when you just take an angle grinder to one of the mounts on the std downpipe lol, still glad I had help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fudANvHNXDM

That's a tunnel run vid of mine with the decat.. Not the best but you get the idea..

rydoo

Oct 20, 2009
paisley
I've got a feeling it was 200 or something for my downpipe and decat, which I've just confirmed is a Piper downpipe and Magnex decat.

Not sure where you could buy it to be honest, maybe Google it?

Was a pig to fit, but is easier when you just take an angle grinder to one of the mounts on the std downpipe lol, still glad I had help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fudANvHNXDM

That's a tunnel run vid of mine with the decat.. Not the best but you get the idea..

411 quid lol better get saving now haha thanks mate :)

JamJay

California Bound
There's no point in getting a custom made DP to fit a decat pipe that's y-shaped. The whole reason for replacing the y-pipe and twin-pipe downpipe is that they're very restrictive. Having a custom one made will make no difference as it'll follow the shape of the OE one and cause the same restriction. Please check the last pages of my build up for a pic of the OE parts and the 3" DP that replaced them, you'll see what I mean.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Granted it's still more restrictive than the single 3" pipe, but it's not all that restrictive when the cats are out - mine opened up loads. My power figures are no less than CupraMVRs which has the single pipe treatment, it's more torquey but he's done a couple of other things too..

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
Hi
I have a milltek sports cat & rear section, I am told the only 3"dp i can have is the Piper or Pipeworxs as the Milltek spilts into a Y the same as the standard. Both companies told me this was a high flow dp that would be what's needed for me to get the Revo stage 2 upgrade but reading some of the comments above would a single 3" dp see better gains with a differant sports cat then the set-up I'm considering. Don't really want to replace my whole system as I thought I was doing right in going with Milltek and it cost me a packet.
Regards Tim

Jul 8, 2007
Tim I would of thought if u have a aftermarket car back and a sports cat then pipeworks downpipe would suit ur needs, as ur downpipe is the last restricted part from the turbo

Lewis225

Barney Mad
May 30, 2008
Frome
Hi
Yep the downpipe is the last mod needed before the stage 2, it was just some of the comments suggested that a single 3"dp would see more benifits then the split 3"dp, would I see more benifits by changing my sports cat for the single 3"dp then the currant planned y 3"dp, not that I want to.

Tim

JamJay

California Bound
The problem is in the fact that Milltek never made an upgraded DP for the LCR. Their Sports Cat is a good piece of equipment but it was only ever meant to fit onto the OEM DP, hence keeping the Twin-Cat design. There isn't enough room in this part of the engine to install an upgraded twin-pipe DP with a larger bore, which is why going for a large single 3" pipe & single Cat makes alot of sense. You could go custom but you would need to get them to somehow make the flange that connect to the Milltek Cats, split from 3" to twin pipe.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise