LCR Named Component Warranty

JamJay

California Bound
Hello everyone. My warranty for my LCR is about to expire and I have a letter from SEAT UK/Mondial Assistance offering me named component warranty with roadside assitance, relay & homestart. When I got the letter, I thought it was great although no price was listed, so...I enquired and I was sent an information pack and was a little shocked at how much it costs (this is my 1st new-ish car so I haven't had warranty dealings before so the below might be a reasonable price).

"Extensive cover against failure of named mechanical or electrical components

● Parts and labour charges covered
● Warranty repairs conducted by a SEAT Authorised Repairer
● Only SEAT Genuine Parts used for warranty repairs
● SEAT Assistance cover - available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day - across the UK

This valuable cover can be yours from just:

Alhambra and Leon Cupra R - £649"

It lists some pretty expensive bits (turbo, engine internals, aircon etc) but if they aren't likely to go, i'd rather save the £650 and worry about it IF the time comes.

It also lists that no modifications are acceptable but I am not sure if they would be able to detect a remap if any warranty work was needed.

Now, I am just wondering if anyone else has taken out this cover for their LCR and if it has proved worth it/the limited parts listed under the warranty are likely to break on these cars specifically?

Any info, opinions or experience with a warranty like this are all much appreciated.

P.S. The car is a low miler and still has 20k odd on it so I hope it'll be in working order for quite some time.

JimCupra

Aug 21, 2008
Bucks
mate, I'm no expert, but £649 a year for a car thats only done 20k sounds like a whole heap of money you dont need to spend! If your that worried about your car, put the money in your own bank, then you will have it IF something goes wrong!
As for "no modifcations" - I think the map will be the least of your concerns given all the other bits and pieces! :whistle:

Sorry i cant be more help..just my opinions

JamJay

California Bound
Well after a little thought and consultation with a couple of mechanics, I don't think i'll take out the cover. It would be nice to have the security but right now money could be better spent elsewhere (until I find that damn money tree) and as there are no instant replies telling me of any major probs with LCRs, I'll take it that I am safe. Of course I can't predict the future but as you say Jim, I'm better off banking the money. Thanks for the reply Jim, you helped save my bank balance :)

James, here was the list that they sent me...

Up to 1400cc
£322

1401 -1900cc
£378

1901cc- and above
£418

Alhambra and Leon Cupra R
£649

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.