LCR or FR???? Can't make me mind up!!

ace163

DPM Power
Apr 30, 2008
south shields
Most mpg i got out of my LCR was 40mpg,i had to drive like a saint and it was over a 120mile trip,I was just seeing if i could get it to 40 just for fun,its easy to get 30+mpg out of it though.
After having both diesel (fabia VRS) and comparing that to my LCR for engine performance then on a motorway the VRS would have kept pace with my LCR(assuming LCR was standard,and not as it is now),and probably between 50-70mph,but on a country back road or a track then it was a different story,the vrs had small power band compared to LCR.
VRS did average 50mpg easily though and was a fast car,not as fast as LCR when it was standard but it did seem to have the best of both worlds,decent performance for public roads and great fuel economy.

Sorry but I cant believe that for a minute, some nob in a octavia VRS tried to have a go with me in my LCR on the A1 motorway and i left him for dead so i guess a fabia would stand no chance at all!!

mat564

people go on about the lcr road tax being £310 next year thats a whoping 85p a day omg im bankrupt and when normal driving in traffic you dont use the turbo half as much as the fr die sel turbo + petrol is 16p a litre cheaper than die sel so for every £10 of petrol you get over 1.5 litres more than diesel thats way over a gallon for £40 tank fill up

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
Sorry but I cant believe that for a minute, some nob in a octavia VRS tried to have a go with me in my LCR on the A1 motorway and i left him for dead so i guess a fabia would stand no chance at all!!

Standard fabia VRS(diesel) ran around 225 ft/lbs of torque though,(most made more than this)which in standard terms is more than LCR at around 207lbs, so on motorway at around 50-70mph range there would have been nothing in it.From a standing start LCR would leave VRS for dead and also above 90mph too,but what im saying is that for public roads the VRS had great performance for everyday driving and great fuel economy too.
Im taking standard cars here too

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
people go on about the lcr road tax being £310 next year thats a whoping 85p a day omg im bankrupt and when normal driving in traffic you dont use the turbo half as much as the fr die sel turbo + petrol is 16p a litre cheaper than die sel so for every £10 of petrol you get over 1.5 litres more than diesel thats way over a gallon for £40 tank fill up

Yeah - the tax is not going to be £300 in april, its going to be £220 as the pre budget report has lowered it for the next year.

I agree with diesel so much more these days, if you are only driving say 12k miles a year is it really worth getting a diesel? But then this peep is going to be driving nearer 18k so a bit more worthwhile.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Thats a good price but i bet if you looked around privately you could get something similar mileage wise for even less.

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I meant to ask if the LCR suffers with the same coil pack problems as the 180 Cupra?

I'm off for another look this morning.

They did, but the early ones were mainly affected (55 plates should be ok) and I would have thought that even those these days would have had their coil packs changed by now.

NJG

Black Magic
Apr 13, 2003
Devon
Visit site
I fanally made my mind up!

Hey Guys, thank you all for your help with my decision making :D

Well, I did in fact go for the LCR.
Really pleased with it.

Now comes the pleasure of polishing it to death!!

Cheers again

strugers1

go diesel by the lcr kit
Image008-1.jpg

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
next to my paint number in the boot it just says LC92??? can't see anything that suggests ebony/magic. i apologise if i'm wrong then bud, i swear i read a thread on here saying that they changed the red and black on the LCR's after 03. mine is defo metalic though, i remember parking it next to Empi5 at a meet and he pointed out the difference, must say though his paint work is in much better nick than mine!