LCR Rattle

ginger3131

Feb 25, 2013
Nottingham
The rattle is loudest when throttle / load is increased at low revs, but doesn't particularly match the revs.

For example, going down hill at 2k rpms and hardly any throttle is pretty much silent, but doing the same 2k rpms up hill / on load, the rattle is at its loudest (although as you build more boost the noise gets quieter)

Last edited:

SlimsLCR

Jul 16, 2014
Northern Ireland
It sounds so much like a heat shield to me! Obviously its not as you have checked, but before i changed my downpipe the car had a straight through pipe on which was vibrating against the heat shield at the front when cold, as the exhaust warmed up it moved away from the shield, so no noise. It done it on the genuine replacement downpipe too, but not as bad! I solved it by bending the shield away as much as possible and parking the car so that the exhaust was lying away from the shield, so when it cooled it wasn't touching! Eventually through time it stopped altogether!

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Any further forward with this Ginger?
Mine has just started doing exactly the same thing albeit my car is an AUQ unit.
Funny thing is it was fine until a local garage replaced the freewheel on the alternator, aux belt offside drive shaft and a bit of a hunt for a suspected boost leak.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Have you no had anybody hold the revs while it rattles and you trying to pinpoint where the source of the noise is?
With that rattle being so obvious it must be quite easy to determine the area where its coming from?
Have you noticed a change in performance since it first started - I know its been there for a while but can you recall a change?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.