LCR replacement speakers

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead

Hi peeps, i have a Mk1 Lcr, and by the sounds of things 1 of my rear door speakers has had it. Making a funny "farting" noise on some bassy notes.

Just wana know, what speakers people would advise getting.. The sound as standard is pretty good, so not after filling the boot with subs. So am thinking of upgrading??

Any ideas?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
A decent set of components will improve the sound no end. I've got infinity reference components in my front doors; they set me back around £65 (fleabay!). If you want a standard speaker I can bring one to Brands Hatch btcc?

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
dont worry about bringing one along dude. Any chance could have a listen to yours though?
just to get an idea...

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
yep you can listen to mine; not a problem. i've got a different headunit too so will sound different anyway.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If it's the rear one gone and you buy a new set then put the new ones in the front and swap the knackerd one with one you took from the front.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
D.K, all your talk of AMD on here has lead to my first visit being booked for next Thursday :) Hopefully will be another happy customer!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
I live near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk, so 90miles each way. Just having 40k service, brake fluid change and cruise control fitted. Nothing major yet; but in the future.....:D

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
if ur still looking for decent speakers, get yourself Alpine Type R front components. they come with tweeters.amazing sound quality even without amps n stuff

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Hi, I had the same prob - the tweeter in the passenger door sound is coming and going. I'd say it's just a connection somewhere. Sony CD player and aftermarket 6CD changer was fitted by previous owner - is there a wire coming out from the back of the CD player that feeds the tweeters? If so maybe I could check this for a bad connection. If it aint this it could be the connection to the speaker in the door which is probably soldered and in this case would mean that the door would have to be removed.

Any help/advise would be great.

Thanks.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
It will be a problem inside the door as the tweeter is fed from the same wires as the mid in the bottom of the door. The door card is fairly easy to remove, prise the handle cover off to reveal to phillips head screws, and there are 2 torx screws at the bottom of the door, other than this there are a number of clips; so prise the door card off carefully, also remember there will be wires linking the door card to the door which need disconnecting to completely seperate the 2.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise