LCR slow progress thread.

iDont Smoke

May 24, 2014
Beverley, East Yorkshire.
So now I can posts pics I may as well start a RR on my mk1 LCR that you may or may not be interested in!

First of its a 03 in red and I got her with 66k on the clock with service history, and the clutch, flywheel, belt and water pump done at 58k

Mods currently done when I bought her are:

Piper cross enclosed filter
stainless steel cat back although I'm not sure of the make.
drilled and grooved discs front and back.
front has been polybushed although I need to check to actually see where.
Roof, mirrows and front S badge wrapped in a carbon film wrap.
Windows tinted.
front lights tinted.
wheels resprayed in Anthracite.
And some nasty momo foot pedal things.

Some pics from the advert:

Screenshot_2015-05-13-19-27-22_zps2ynyd08e.png

Screenshot_2015-05-13-19-27-18_zpswcmlpesc.png

Screenshot_2015-05-13-19-27-14_zpssbnhasvh.png

Screenshot_2015-05-13-19-27-08_zpsogrhz4xj.png

And the few I've taken of her!

IMAG1388_zps2n10ane1.jpg

IMAG1385_zpsakcfseii.jpg

IMAG1386_zpsj18y6c2x.jpg

Points I've noticed/needs doing:

getting her a oil and filter change as well as the pick up pipe this week. Even though it's got service history I don't think it has had this done since 2013 or longer so getting that done straight off.

Been getting chatter from the turbo so had a look and found the vacuum pipe from the n249 valve to the inlet manifold wasn't attached. Turns out the connection underneath has snapped. I was thinking about drilling and tapping and putting a new hose joint in but decided to get a new inlet and keep this one as spares. This should be done within the week.

Also noticed a couple of damaged repaired wires in the engine so I will look and maybe repair these better at some point.

The brembos need a lick of paint.

Front intercooler intakes missing, shall end up with a front mount at some point so not fussed atm with this.

First day I went to work in her it was raining. And the doors where leaking, now the previous owner said he had sealed them! So managed to get some butyl tape from work and seal the worse door up(passengers side) and just need to do the other three. The previous had resealed them but done a bad job!

Future plans are poissible stage two, a nice subtle drop, down pipe and sports cat, maybe space the alloys out, and general keeping her tidy.

Thinking about removing the head light tints, but in two minds about the carbon wrap.

Anyways since I've wrote a small essay I'll leave it at that for now, thanks for looking. Thoughts, tips, info and criticism welcome.

Thanks Sam.

Last edited:

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Hi sam. I have got one the same as yours. I think you should change the wing mirror colour. Roof looks ok. Its nice seeing another red lcr.

Mine is running stage 2 with airtec front mount. Great bit of kit. I have black hoses and cooler so is very stealthy. Highly recommended stage 2.

I am very much a fan of the oem look.
I have booked 3 days of work to clean mine. I have got ocd with keeping mine clean lol.
Yours looks gd mate. Keep updates coming :D

iDont Smoke

May 24, 2014
Thanks bud, yeah I think I might revert the mirrors back to have they where. But the roof breaks its up a little.

I'm planning the exact same under the bonnet, black hoses etc as I think more red underneath would be a bit too Much being a red car already!

I'm a big fan of the oem look too usually.

Aim is to get 100% healthy before I go for more power!

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Sounds like a plan bud. Get it all checked over then start adding power.
I have done the doors seal on mine in the last 2 weeks. Least it is a simple job.
Enjoy your car mate. I will keep a eye on your thread mate.

iDont Smoke

May 24, 2014
Cheers bud.

Small update for now, Car has just been dropped off for a oil and filter change and also the oil pick up pipe!

Inlet manifold is on its was so hopefully that will be getting changed tomorrow or Friday. Might order some silicone piping up to do the n249 bypass while I'm at it too?

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Looks like a smart tidy example . Nice to see one that's being looked after . You see so many of these being broken down now days .

iDont Smoke

May 24, 2014
Update, oil, filter and pick up pipe now done.

Couple of things they found, a ball joint rubber boot start to spilt. Broken wire to the power steering switch(I knew about that). But the biggest thing is a broken rear spring. So I guess it's time to looks for some coil overs :)

iDont Smoke

May 24, 2014
Long time since I've updated this thread. I'm bit naff at keeping these threads up to date.

To try and sum up what's happened the past year and half or so:

Replaced the drivers side engine mount as the bolts had sheared, clearly who ever did the Cambelt change didn't put new stretch bolts in!

Upgraded the dog bone bushes before the above snapped as thought there was issue with the old bushes

2.0 tfsi coils and adaptor plate

N249 delete

Pcv delete and oil catch can fitted.

R tech heat shield and filter.

Badger 5 tip

Liquid gauge in centre vent

Goodyear Eagle f1 asymmetric 3 all round.

Wellycooler fitted.

Done a few drag days, best time being a 14.5

Way too many miles racked up, now on 81500 miles :( and long overdue another oil and filter change.

In the grand scheme, doesn't seem alot considering its been over a year. Proberly alot missed off tbh!

Just need a turbo back, new n75, maf and dv and it will be stage two ready!

So I best throw a few pics up to make this post a lil less.. boring!!

Screenshot_20160328-213518_zpspz8ddnz7.jpg

IMG_20160325_190018_zpsevuvvfed.jpg

FB_IMG_1467145489495_zpsic3icaid.jpg

IMG_20160611_140404_zpsuuafyzoi.jpg

IMG_20160726_145338_zpsx1xq2d40.jpg

20160320_114115_zpsnv2xnbbw.jpg

20160320_180604_zpscdatwkv6.jpg

FB_IMG_1474317338188_zps32s8xp17.jpg

20160619_095246_zpsfwexdhm3.jpg
20160325_154948_zpsicm2cddp.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.