LCR - Some bad points

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
I've only had my LCR a couple of days - And I really don't like the glove box.

It's so plasticy and when you open it - There is no quality feel - It just makes a horrible sound....

They should have at least put some sort of damper / suspension on it... to make it smooth...

...and even the CD Changer door feels cheap and is does not open smoothly.

it's a shame - As some parts of the car are nice and well designed, but then these little things really let it down :(

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I love the feel of my glove box. In fact, some evenings when there is nothing on telly, I'll sit in the car and open and close it repeatedly, smiling to myself all the time. It gives me a warm glow inside. :redface:

Seriously mate, it's hardly cheap and plasticy and it's a glove box, that's all, a glove box. If we were talking about the entire dash, then fair play, but the glove box on my LCR at least is fine. In fact, it's far superior to my previous car, a Toyota Celica. That didn't give me the same warm glow inside.... :cry:

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
Not really bothered about the interior when you get out on the open road.... :)

It is only the same as a golf interior... There are bits that let down nearly every car, get a BMW and the interior is great if you can afford the expensive bits but the experience of driving it (318-325) is a disappointment IMO...

If that is all that is worrying you about the car your doing ok ;)

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've changed the headunit on mine so the changer is just sat there taking up space at the moment. when i can be bothered i'll be removing it and buying a blanking plate for the glovebox.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
people always used to winge about the interior of my gt-four and lancer
who cares-its an interior you just sit in it
each to their own though

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
If all you can find that you don't like is the glovebox mate then I'd say things aren't looking too bad!

Only thing that really bugs me about the LCR is the painful sounding noises when you go over a dropped manhole cover and the like. It really crashes over big bumps and deep ruts in the road. Its the rubber band tyres that do it, but I wouldn't change them. The wheels make the car IMO.

I'm gonna write are sacastic letter to Leeds City Council about the state of the roads. I'll post it up on here. Not expecting anything, just to wind them up.

Other thing that annoys me is the "lowness" of the front splitter. There are numerous illegal speed bumps around Leeds (the maximum allowable up-stand for a speed bump on a public road is 100mm) a lot of which cause me problems. Something else to go in my letter! God knows how people in lowered LCR's get on although I've heard stiffer suspension reduces splitter scrapes.

That's about it though!

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
If all you can find that you don't like is the glovebox mate then I'd say things aren't looking too bad!

Only thing that really bugs me about the LCR is the painful sounding noises when you go over a dropped manhole cover and the like. It really crashes over big bumps and deep ruts in the road. Its the rubber band tyres that do it, but I wouldn't change them. The wheels make the car IMO.

Since I put my FSD's on the crashness has dropped considerably even with lower springs... weirdly enough as other people have mentioned since I have had my suspension done with a 25mm drop I have clipped less speed bumps and one's I used to bump I don't anymore? work that one out???

But as you said if the glove box is the only worry you have nothing to worry about. :)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Since I put my FSD's on the crashness has dropped considerably even with lower springs... weirdly enough as other people have mentioned since I have had my suspension done with a 25mm drop I have clipped less speed bumps and one's I used to bump I don't anymore? work that one out???

Agreed I think it's less nose dive under braking :shrug: Tis strange but true of how I found my car (lower 15-20mm)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm gonna write are sacastic letter to Leeds City Council about the state of the roads. I'll post it up on here. Not expecting anything, just to wind them up.

Just dont write about the motorways in yorkshire-or it will come to us
but Leeds City Council arent alone, Bradford are just as bad, seem to ignore most cat1 and 2 defects until they receive a certain amount of claims

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
What's FSD's??

Koni's new super-duper dampers. I think (somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) FSD stands for Frequency Selective Damping. It means the dampers react and change their damping and firmness depending on the forces applied to them.

So soft and smooth flowing roads would mean softer damping.
Harder, faster, more determined driving would mean firmer damping.

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
They are already better on standard road use....

I am testing them in a couple of weeks for fast road testing on a private road.... Can't wait to see the difference to standard dampers. :)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
In the time you wrote that reply - You could have answered my question :p

You keep putting up the silly questions and i'll keep up the silly replies until one of the moderators boots you out the door.

This about the 5th thread you have asked questions without searching first and I thought I had been polite.

This forum has been about since 2001 with 15,000 members, do you think these topics haven;t been discussed before?

[edit:16,632 members as of this morning]

Last edited:

virdi

Nov 12, 2006
Middlesex
You keep putting up the silly questions and i'll keep up the silly replies until one of the moderators boots you out the door.

This about the 5th thread you have asked questions without searching first and I thought I had been polite.

This forum has been about since 2001 with 15,000 members, do you think these topics haven;t been discussed before?

[edit:16,632 members as of this morning]

sorry :(

Last edited:

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Can't say I've noticed about the glove box. If I was going to be REALLY picky I would say it could be bigger, but then I am a man, I don't use it anyway :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.