LE MANS 2007 ROAD TRIP- Camping

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I know quite a few people are already going down, but this is a feeler to see if anyone else is interested in going and camping.

Race dates are June 16-17 2007, but its best to travel down on Weds/Thurs so that the camp can be set up ready for the antics of Mad Friday…

Like others we really do need to get things booked, so we are looking for a firm commitment and payment when required.

Hopefully we can all meet up when down there with other groups.

If you are genuinly Interested please can you post up so we can get the ball rolling.

1. Empi5 x 2 (yep i do have mates)
2. MartyCr
3. Chris 16v

Last edited:

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
Yep I'm in.

Just waiting on details/costs etc from the ACO and other agents.

I reckon on camping on one of the sites at the track. Houx Annex is central to just about everything (was there last year) but the others are probably as good. It just depends on what comes back.

I know that Houx Annex has the facility to Pre book and reserve an area of the campsite, I think that the others are turn up and pitch where there is space, but these may start filling up earlier in the week.

We could look at an organised tour like Speedchills but I think that their site is a little way from all the action, and a bit too organised possibly. Betwwen us we can cobble enough stuff together to be comfortable over the weekend. BBQ's, Beer, Tent, Chairs, Gazeebo's, Swingball. What else would we ever need?

P&O Ferry crossings look like being between £15/£25 each way. I will update other details as I get them.

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
The last T-shirt I bought off you Tris was sooooooooooooooooo big I've put a pole in it and use as a tent :D

May be up for this Phil, got a few dates to sort I will let you know as soon as I can
What about Craig and Jo are they up for it?
Hope its a bit more fun than the last time we were there :cry:

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
Have had replies from a couple of ticket companies.

From what I gather the ACO ( l'Automobile Club de l'Ouest ) have not given final allocation to ticket agents yet. However most agents are gathering lists of requests, then waiting to see what there alllocation is likely to be.

"To date we have received enquiries in excess of expected allocation for Maison Blanche, Houx and Houx Annexe. However, based on previous years, a proportion of those registered may have sourced their tickets from other suppliers. If we are not able to meet your request we will offer alternative campsites and work with you to get your group to Le Mans."

The ACO is expected to finalize ticket allocations within the next week or so I think when they do things may start to move pretty quickly, and we might need to be in a position to grab what is being offered. We should be ok though.

I have been prommised the last 4 remaining pitches that 1 company (supposedly) has on Houx Annexe. I'm not sure how long these will be available for, or if they are pitched together or just randomly scattered around the site. I will make enquiries though. This company has said that it has availability on Karting Nord, Blue or Tetre Rouge.

http://www.beermountain.com/ will give you some insight of what to expect :cheers:

Last edited:

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
Anybody else ??

Le Mans is not all about the race. I dont think I saw more than a couple of hours of the whole 24 hrs this year, but then you can watch the whole thing including the practice.

To me its more a social thing:
The convoy down.
Alcohol fuelled antics at the camp site.
Driving part of the circuit on Friday morning with all the exotica.
The town centre square for the drivers parade.
The general good humoured party atmosphere over the whole weekend.
And the race itself.

Is there really nobody else that is looking for a petrol head, party, long weekend next june. It shouldnt cost that much either?

Deleted member 14928

Considering going with a group of friends but would be cool to meet up there. Went last year and it was really good, only thing is the camping gets a bit annoying when your woken up at the crack of dawn due to the tent being hotter than the sun!

Appart from this and a week of hot beer, it was cool. i think next year we really need to sort out the beer problem!

Definatly a good experience!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Yep we need to arrange some meeting points when we r there, at the moment it would be good to have quite a few convoying together, Anymore for anymore ?

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
Le Mans is just fantastic - the raod trip down is one of the best bits, however where are you camping?? Seriously dont camp on the circuit its bloody awful. I stay at a place which is part of the castel camping group called the Chateau de chanteloup - about 5kms out of lemans and its amazing, loads of amazing cars, its own parade, teams stay there, bar and pool, just awesome!!

So yeah id be up for it - maybe my old man too :)

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
This road trip to Le Mans just doesn’t seem to be taking off, I think that most of us knows or even cares about the whole race thing. I know I don’t really have much of a clue about the cars, drivers or anything else to do with Le Mans.

If we cant get more interest In Le Mans then I cant see the point. To be honest I’m not that fussed anyway.

I still quite fancy a “Road Trip” abroad though……So what about having a road trip and incorporating one of the 2007 WTCC races??

I have been looking into it and the European ones are:

Spain Valencia May 20th
Probably a wicked one to go to being Spain/Seat etc. It’s a fair old drive though 1037 miles from Dover, but there is a ferry from Plymouth to Santander (Spain) then its only another 477 miles to Valencia. Brittney ferries operate a restricted service but they have sailing’s departing 17th and returning 21st. Apparently it’s a 20hr crossing, so it’s more of a boat trip than a road trip.

France Pau June 3rd
About 650 miles from Dover so quite manageable and a fairly straightforward drive.

Portugal Porto July 8th
Similar to Valencia the drive from Dover is 1166 miles so not that much further. You can get the ferry to Santander then its another 400 miles to Porto. Sailing’s are departing 5th and returning 9th.

Germany Oschersleben August 26th
Shortest drive of the lot (except for Brands Hatch) 480 miles from Dover. Don’t know what else to say about this one other than its Germany… Autobahns!!

The other European ones are Czech Republic June 17th, 820 miles (not sure) or Monza Italy October 7th (A bit late in the year, might be colder)

Just a thought I shall pass it over for any thought or comments. The WTCC idea might generate a bit more interest, if not then I’m still up for Le Mans!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise