Leak in front passanger footwell!

Zeap101

Apr 19, 2009
Northumberland
Dudes

Just took reciept of my 55 plate Leon FR plus - it's awsone. Cupra R looks wit TDI running costs.

I'm after some advice. I noticed the rear wash water jet wasn't working. After inspection I found it to be disconnected near the water bottle.

Fine, I though. Re attach and everything thing will be fine. NO!!!

After fixing, it still did not work. I have now located the leak and it is coming from under the dash... literally running down a collection of wires!! (I only discovered this after 3lts worth of water!!)

So, it turns out it was originally disconnected for a very good reason. I have now again disconnected it.

My question is... is there a connector around that area (bulk head/dash) or is it likely to be a split pipe. I've also checked the N/S boot area, and this is fine there.

What a pain this could turn out to be.

Many thanks in advance
Rich

brians

hi, ive been investigating a problem i have for hours and still no luck. ive been getting alot of water in the rear passenger side of my 2004 seat leon. ive checked door seals,door drains,drains at boot,drains at the wind screen area and still no luck, ive lifted the carpet to reveal the insulating foam is soaking and is forming a puddle. ive also checked under the car but everything is fine their. i dried it out with a water sucker and hair drier, didnt drive it and it was building back up with water again when it rains. any advice would be a gret help , thanks

Zeap101

Apr 19, 2009
Northumberland
Mmmm.

I don't know. It wont be pollen filter if it's the rear footwell. I think the pipe from the window washer bottle runs along there to the back wiper but if it's only filing up when raining it can only be a door seal??? or a hole in your floor!

If it gets wet when not raining then i'd say washer bottle line??? See if it gets more wet when u squirt.

I did have the problem with pollen filter not refitted properly but this only effects front footwell.

My washer line is split under the dash so fills up my front footwell if rear wash is used. To hard to fix so just not used.

Hope u find 7 fix buddy.

ab1702_123

Jan 21, 2010
Have u found a fix for this problem, mine is leaking in front footwell have took glovebox out and pipe has come unattached but can't find the other end of the pipe behind the dash to reattach it?

Zeap101

Apr 19, 2009
Northumberland
Have u found a fix for this problem, mine is leaking in front footwell have took glovebox out and pipe has come unattached but can't find the other end of the pipe behind the dash to reattach it?

You on about a leak from the window washer bottle?

No mate, mine was leaking from under the dash. I tried to investigate and there was loads of wires around so just gave up. I have mine detached from the washer bottle so if I pull the lever, it just squirts in the engine bay. It just means I have no water to the rear wiper. Doesn't effect/bother me as this is England, after all, and it rains every other day.

ab1702_123

Jan 21, 2010
I have sorted it mate and from what your saying yours may be the same.

If you take out the glovebox which is held in by screws at the top and left hand side then pull back the carpet and a bit of the stuff under the carpet u will see a load of wires disappear behind the dash area through a hole and u should see the rear wash pipe around there aswel, I pulled at the pipe and it came out in my hand, after alot of faffing around and looking I found the connection that it had popped out of was taped to all the cables but couldn't really see, I had to pull a bit of the tape back and push the pipe back in and straight away my rear washer is back and then I just had to dry out the front passenger footwell. If u give it a go I'd say get 2 of u pull the pipe off n get the other lad to squirt n ul see straight away where it's coming from.

Hope this helps was a bit of a pain in the rear for me but easy once u can see where the pipe goes

Zeap101

Apr 19, 2009
Northumberland
Might give it a go like as it is the only thing wrong with the car.

If I were u, I would have used some small cable ties around the connection to save this happening again.

Cheers buddy

ab1702_123

Jan 21, 2010
Yeah give it a go mate like I sed take glovebox out, remove carpet etc and ul see the pipe if it's come off or u pull it off get someone else to press the squirter and ul see the dodgy connection straight away, it's just a pushfit like the others in the boot mentioned on here.