leaking water into the rear footwells

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
if you do not open the door the water moves from sill to carpet = wet footwell when you go round corners.
that is how i found mine to be faulty.

just fix the seal as been mention and then no issues

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
But "what seal"? The guide says that water is SUPPOSED to run down the inside of the door and drain out of the bottom on to the lower sill. It's by design? Either I've misread it completely, or there's nothing wrong with those symptoms.

The wife has had her 1.4 since new and she says that hers has always done exactly the same

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The seal between the ancillary panel and the car door deteriorates over time.
The first symptoms are the water between the plastic trim cover and the actual door rubber.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
But not in the place that I pointed out in a previous message? I've no complaint TBH, I was just getting more and more concerned by what I was reading that eventually I was thinking "do I have a problem with mine?".

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
But "what seal"? The guide says that water is SUPPOSED to run down the inside of the door and drain out of the bottom on to the lower sill. It's by design? Either I've misread it completely, or there's nothing wrong with those symptoms.

Yes that is how it is supposed to be, but if the seal goes, the water find the first route out, into the car.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
door_seal.gif

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
OK, cheers, so at the moment I've nothing to worry about because mine is doing what it's always done, before I bought it, and was always supposed to do? No need to worry but I should still keep an eye on it in case it goes in future?

[edit]Mine is catching water on the bottom left 'step' on that pic Lee[/edit]

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
sounds like your ok then AnteeUK.
mine would gather just where the arrow saying leaking seal is and then fall into passenger footwell..

remove door card. seal tends to go below the speaker. loosen the metal panel holding window motor, remove cruded useless seal, apply new.

arlene

i have this problem too, i see water coming in the front passenger side door when i turn a right corner. soooo annoying but have found a great step by step guide on this site so hopefully this works. found water in the drivers side the other day too. my heart is heavy!!!

dino9999

Aug 5, 2009
my cupra did this,,took it to garage and asked them to take drivers door panel off n re-seal it,they re sealed it and now its okay,,,cost me £40

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise