Lease delivery times

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
My last update from Leasing Options was that car was stuck at port, seems to have been there a while. Should have been at dealership Swansway Cupra Crewe on 18th Nov, but that's slipped. Now getting on to a 7 month wait since ordering and don't think I can wait anymore
Oh man that's really too long surely did you spec a lot of optional extras?

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
My last update from Leasing Options was that car was stuck at port, seems to have been there a while. Should have been at dealership Swansway Cupra Crewe on 18th Nov, but that's slipped. Now getting on to a 7 month wait since ordering and don't think I can wait anymore
Hey don't worry. I ordered a V1 in white 2.0 4wd end of May ....so the base of the basics..... Expected to arrive mid December.

I'll be wrapping the roof in gloss black 3/4 of the way.

roh33l

Apr 26, 2021
Aquarius Ace is heading back from Italy to Barcelona now... I'm guessing it's the boat leaving on the 24th heading to the UK ? Hoping my car is going to be on it

Last edited:

white_vz2

Nov 22, 2021
My wait is over.

White VZ2, black leather, no option.

Ordered through UK Carline, then car supplied and deliveried by Johnson Fleet. My order timeline was as follow:

07-May-2021: Order placed [Was told late-Sep delivery]
17-Aug-2021: Was told unconfirmed build week of week 37 [Was told production issue etc etc]
17-Sep-2021: Was told build week had been confrimed for w37 [was told expect delivery early Nov]
12-Oct-2021: Was told car had left the factory, registration number allocated, been given agreement to sign [was told expect delivery mid-late Nov]
Then from this point on I received weekly update until...
15-Nov-2021: Was told car had been arrived with the supplier
22-Nov-2021: Deliveried

Overall good experience so far I would say, the delay really cant be helped but given the world wide production issue what would you do otherwise?

Hang it there and I hope you receive your order in the very near future!

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
My wait is over.

White VZ2, black leather, no option.

Ordered through UK Carline, then car supplied and deliveried by Johnson Fleet. My order timeline was as follow:

07-May-2021: Order placed [Was told late-Sep delivery]
17-Aug-2021: Was told unconfirmed build week of week 37 [Was told production issue etc etc]
17-Sep-2021: Was told build week had been confrimed for w37 [was told expect delivery early Nov]
12-Oct-2021: Was told car had left the factory, registration number allocated, been given agreement to sign [was told expect delivery mid-late Nov]
Then from this point on I received weekly update until...
15-Nov-2021: Was told car had been arrived with the supplier
22-Nov-2021: Deliveried

Overall good experience so far I would say, the delay really cant be helped but given the world wide production issue what would you do otherwise?

Hang it there and I hope you receive your order in the very near future!
Good stuff Mr M and fair play to you for posting this on the day you got it (I'd be out on the road until bedtime!). Any pics?

Reactions: jcbmally

Refcap8712

May 13, 2021
Folks quick q, I spoke to Leasing Options today and still no date for delivery, vehicle still not shipped, despite being ordered in May...so I'm looking to cancel. Do any of you know of there is a penalty for cancellation?? At end of the date they have been unable to provide delivery date

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
Folks quick q, I spoke to Leasing Options today and still no date for delivery, vehicle still not shipped, despite being ordered in May...so I'm looking to cancel. Do any of you know of there is a penalty for cancellation?? At end of the date they have been unable to provide delivery date
Well your argument is your lead time I'm guessing if they gave you a 6 to 8 week lead time your argument is that they have not kept their side of contractual agreement and you would have strong grounds of cancellation.

Reactions: Refcap8712

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
I remember they told me if I wanted to cancel it was 3% of the vehicle price from when you ordered, so for me it's around £900 if I wanted to cancel. But some people have managed to cancel as they still haven't been given a date. Probably be best to ask them personally

Wheres_My_Car

Oct 4, 2021
When I ordered I was told it would be a £900 fee for cancelling.
But the other month I told them I may be without a car and needed an update.
Someone from LO contacted me saying that I could cancel and wouldn't be charged and look at what vehicles they had in stock instead, or, look elsewhere. Due to it not being my fault my order is taking exceptionally longer than it should.

johanr77

Sep 13, 2021
If the car isnt built you can cancel without paying any penalty.

If it is built or in the process of being built leasing options can apply the 3% penalty.

JasonJM

Aug 24, 2021
My car has finally landed in the uk! Leasing documents have been signed, the car is due to arrive at the dealership 8/12/2021 (hoping it gets there sooner).

Nov 24, 2021
Hey folks, I was lucky enough to order a Cupra Formentor V2 DSG in October that somebody else has cancelled.
I am being told by the dealership that the car is in port (still). They reckon is Tyne port.
I live in Scotland and been waiting on it for about 3 weeks to arrive from the port. The dealership keeps on telling me they are expecting 3 of them to arrive at any moment but they will not be sent as they will be trying to fill up a full truck of cars instead.
Since I didn't order it myself I get no updates whatsoever so my question is, how long does it usually take for the car to arrive from the port?
Thanks all :)

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
Hey folks, I was lucky enough to order a Cupra Formentor V2 DSG in October that somebody else has cancelled.
I am being told by the dealership that the car is in port (still). They reckon is Tyne port.
I live in Scotland and been waiting on it for about 3 weeks to arrive from the port. The dealership keeps on telling me they are expecting 3 of them to arrive at any moment but they will not be sent as they will be trying to fill up a full truck of cars instead.
Since I didn't order it myself I get no updates whatsoever so my question is, how long does it usually take for the car to arrive from the port?
Thanks all :)
Usually 3-5 days, but the dealer will supply it when it best suits there needs, not yours.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.