leather upgrade seats

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
I know there has been a couple of posts about changing the seats recently.
I am looking to upgrage my standard 225 R seats to leather.
Problem being i would like to get a narrower seat due to the standard ones being too wide for me so a re-trim is out.
Can people confirm which seats will fit and with what work involved?
Mk4 Golf
Bora
Audi A3 / S3

Is the fact I have airbags an issue for insurance thus meaning I need a set with airbags?
I've seen leather recaros from a MK4 golf - do i need to modify my subframes to make them fit?

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Christ, how small are you? I think the seats in the LCR are pretty narrow already (the back anyway), certainly wouldn't want them any smaller - I'm not huge.

You might be better off getting your standard seats re-trimmed and have the foam adjusted at the same time - get exactly whats best for you then.

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
send a PM to unclefester. he has not long put a set of golf chairs into his leon oil-burner. i think he only had to faff about with new connectors to wire up the airbags.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Correct - other than that a straight swap.

The Golf Recaros sit a little higher in the car than the standard seats as well as being more comfortable due to the extra padding on the seats. There is also a lot more lateral support yet the seats seem more comfortable than the ones in the LCR I sat in.

Dom Sweeten

Jan 19, 2002
Gloucester
Christ, how small are you? I think the seats in the LCR are pretty narrow already (the back anyway), certainly wouldn't want them any smaller - I'm not huge.

You might be better off getting your standard seats re-trimmed and have the foam adjusted at the same time - get exactly whats best for you then.

hehe, not that small. I was just thinking the extra side/lumbar support from a set of S3/S4/Mk4 Golf seats may be equal to the price of a re-trim.
There is a full set of Mk4 Golf leather recaros on ebay at the moment which looks cool.
Item number: 160069572524
I don't have the cash for these at the moment so would be a good buy for someone who has, if they could get them for sub 1k.

Would aftermarket seats void the insurance then? Corbeau / Konig etc...
I know you would have to sort the airbag sensor out - difficult?

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Would aftermarket seats void the insurance then? Corbeau / Konig etc...
I know you would have to sort the airbag sensor out - difficult?

Depends on the insurance...

...but the airbag sensor is easily fooled with a 5ohm resistor. Cut the plugs off your seats and solder the resistor across .... brown and blue I think :confused: and plug it back in (battery off whenever the seats are unplugged or you'll get a fault light that need VagCom to reset)

I'll go check mine in a bit and confirm the colours.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.