Left leg compensation

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
Having just taken delivery of my Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive, and coming from a 290 ST Manual, I'm aware that my left leg will be taking an extended break. I don't want to be running in tiny anti-clockwise circles on the footy pitch in a few weeks time!

Has anyone noticed a weakening in the left leg following the move to 2 pedals? Have you taken to anything exercise wise to help compensate?

I'm 50% jesting, but there is a little bit of me that genuinely considers this could be something to watch out for. Especially for those of us that are stronger on the right (right handed etc.) which is a greater proportion of the population.

I look forward to the replies, tongue in cheek or otherwise.......

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've got the opposite problem. I had a Helix clutch fitted which many say "feels like oem" once worn in. Having worn it in, I agreed until last week when I had a Hyundai i30 (or 40 - not important) as a hire car. I had no issues with it really. Then I got back in mine and the clutch pedal felt more like a foot rest. At that point I realise I have the left leg of the rock and the right leg of Peewee Herman.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I do a lot of cycling so that compensates for any imbalance, but dont forget that you right foot doesnt really do much so the clutch may have actually been having the opposite effect....

Reactions: Kenton

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
I do a lot of cycling so that compensates for any imbalance, but dont forget that you right foot doesnt really do much so the clutch may have actually been having the opposite effect....
That will be added to my excuse list for my next dire performance on the pitch.:cheeky:

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
My left knee is knackered from years of football abuse, I feel I'm doing it a favour :cheeky:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'm a drummer and I find the combination of auto box and cruise control allows me to practice my double pedal kick drum technique:rock:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise