Leon 1.8 20vT. oil leak.

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Hi folks how's ya luck?
Hope everyone is safe in the lockdown..

Sooo... My mates workshop is still open and he's let me use his ramp to change my oil n filter.

However, now I've got her on the ramp, I've noticed quite an oil leak at the rear of the engine. (Mostly, some at the front.)

Here's a link to a video I just took.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/atiupQreJ31gY8un9

Does anyone know of any common faults which I could look at first?

She's a 2002 so getting on a bit.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Take care folks.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate. With it being so much oil and the position of it, if I had to take a guess then i'd probably go for the oil feed or return from the turbo.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Hi mate. With it being so much oil and the position of it, if I had to take a guess then i'd probably go for the oil feed or return from the turbo.

How easy/risky is it to change the oil feed pipe?
I think mine maybe 'damp' and may want to change it soon.
Mostly worried about the thread in the turbo getting damaged when winding out the union

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
How easy/risky is it to change the oil feed pipe?
I think mine maybe 'damp' and may want to change it soon.
Mostly worried about the thread in the turbo getting damaged when winding out the union
Mine came off nice and easy when i did it, although maybe i got lucky?

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Afternoon folks, apologies for not replying sooner, it's been a bit hectic round here...
Thanks for the replies.

I will look into those suggestions.

It's a very odd oil leak..... My car never drops oil on the drive.

Ill get it up the jet wash at some point and try to clean around the bottom of the engine a bit... Maybe will help pin point the leak if the engines a bit cleaner. (If there's anything wrong with that idea, please dont hesitate to give me a written slap before I screw up!) Lol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise