Leon 1.8TSI FR DSG engine died

altea-ego

Dec 7, 2004
Today, my Leon FR let me down in proper breakdown style.

Engine warm, school traffic etc, on the way back home at 30mph and engine spluttered for fraction of a second engine light blinked and died with no prior warning of any issue. The dash said to restart engine manually, as coasting into a handy layby. It then refused to start and the engine bay and rear passenger side stank of fuel.

Walked over a mile home and called RAC who arrived 3 hours later. It still wouldn't start, he checked the fault codes and this was the only engine related code.

15128 - Cylinder 2
P0302 00 [101] - Misfire Detected
Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 64074 km
Date: 2019.03.25
Time: 15:33:32

Engine speed: 1286.50 /min
Normed load value: 24.7 %
Vehicle speed: 59 km/h
Coolant temperature: 105 °C
Intake air temperature: 34 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1030 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.804 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Engine: operating status: PL
N_TOOTH: 1272 /min
T_AST_SAE: 1682 s
TOIL: 99 °C
STATE_LS_SAE[1]: CL
FUP_H_SAE: 14280.0 kPa
FUP_EFP_MES: 6089.46 hPa

He then checked all the fuses using a meter and probe, and all ok, then trying to restart it semi fired and then on the next go it ran really rough and rich of fuel, after reving a bit it settled at idle ok, so I drove it home while he followed. Car ran fine with no issues. I thought it was probably a bad coil pack, but he thought it was fuel related rather than ignition as it should have stayed running with a single duff coil.

Anyone had anything like this before? I'm pretty sure if I take it to a garage they are going to say no fault found. So what do I do then as no confidence in taking it anywhere now?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.