Leon 1P Vag-Com Cable ** Canbus OBD Diagnostics**

dieselpower

Hi,

Received my cable as recommended in this thread and tried to do some of the changes from DANGB's Vag-com tutorial.
I managed to get most of them done, except the opening of the boot from the key fob. No problem I thought, bit more research and I'll come back to that one.

When I've gone to start the car tonight I get an error on the MFD that 'day driving lights front left/right defective'
All lights indicators etc are working ok.

I thought I was being carefull, following the guides to the letter as i've never done this before but must have messed up. i did have a problem viewing the long code helper comments in module 09. After doing some research and adding a .lbl file to the Rosstech folder I can now see them and both DRL America and DRL scandinavia aren't ticked.

Can anyone help??? starting to worry now!!!

Fault codes listed are:

2 Faults Found:
02745 - Bulb for Daytime Running Light; Left
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01111100
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 147
Mileage: 73725 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
ON
Voltage: 12.15 V
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

02746 - Bulb for Daytime Running Light; Right
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01111100
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 147
Mileage: 73725 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
ON
Voltage: 12.15 V
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

thanks

Neil

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
from the looks of it you have turned on Daylight running lights

And you haven't got Daylight running lights

dieselpower

Hi Andrew,

Yeah thats what I thought but the two options for DRL's (Scandinavia and America) in module 09 are unticked.
Unless there is another setting relating to DRL's? Or maybe the long code helper comments on my VCDS (805) aren't correct.
Anybody in the Burnley or Huddersfield area that can help out for beer tokens before I hang my head in shame and trudge to Richard Alexander.

thanks

Neil

Car is a 58 Diesel FR if that makes any difference.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
there are most likely some settings somewhere else aswell basically what i would do is go though everything you have gone through today and have a look

dieselpower

Been doing that and coming up blank. Reversed changes I had made and still the same. Maybe I've missed something?
Think I need to connect with the latest version bescause I think some long code helper comments are wrong on mine.
The post that Ross27 made in this thread on page 10:

09 (Central Electronics)

Byte 01 Bit 5 Rear Lid Remote Opening
Byte 01 Bit 6 Rear Lid Remote Opening - Release

On mine it doesn't list these, they are blank?

cheers

neil

dieselpower

Cheers Andrew that would be a big help!!

The alarm chirp on mine was on byte 10 where it was on 6 on DanGb's guide. This worked ok so didn't think to much about it but i wonder if other things are different.

have you changed the struts aswell? I bought the 520nm's as recommended by Ross27 in this thread. If I was gonna balls anything up I thought it would be when I swopped them. Haven't even got that far yet!!:cry:

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Hi lads

Any one come across this

Ordered the cable on page 36 followed the install instrutions for 704. All went well ran a autoscan from start to finish even cleared the DTC's for the Interior sensor

Ran the VCDS 8124 that came on the disc and now when i scan it goes as far as the climtronic and reports

can not contiune unautorised cable

Or some thing like that anyone got any ideas have i wreccked the cable?

Oh btw the laptop is very old no wifi and the was no ethernet connect so it could not hit the net.

thanks

BigSighZ400

you may need to get the cable attached to a pc that can go online. there are drivers for the cable

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Not sure mate as i dose seem to work i see all the modules get the ok then it will scan the fist couple of modules and then report interface unautorised or words to that effect.

Any other thoughts

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
you may need to get the cable attached to a pc that can go online. there are drivers for the cable

Wrong!

Do that and this cable gets shut off and made unuseable, as Ross Tech disable them when they go online.

Not sure what to suggest though as ive ever encountered that!

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Just my luck

When i installed the VCDS soft it asked me if i wanted to install a usb driver, i did this. Maybe i should not have.

Could this have been the problem does this driver know the interface is not official?

Last edited:

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
And if your cable is infact gubbed, then message me, as i have my old one for sale (no longer have the leon). It will be cheaper and get to you faster. ;)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Just bought myself one of these! :)
I know there is a guide for changing settings etc but is there one for monitoring live data? I'm trying to find the cause of an intermittent fault I've suffered with for the past 18 months! :(

[edit] - Bah - if I'd have read the above a couple of hours earlier I'd have had that off you! :(

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Sorry mate, ive never really made a for sale thread as such, i just leave passing comments here and there. Ive had about 3 people say they'll take it then not get back to me!

There is some live monitoring. What exactly is the fault?

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
No probs, the new one was cheap enough, it would have been good to get it quicker that's all! :)
Here's a copy of what I posted in a separate thread in the vag-com section:

I have had an intermittent problem for well over a year now which happens only now and again. The dealership suspect the problem lies with either the EGR valve or the DPF but outside of warranty I don't want to have a lot of expensive work done just on a "hunch". Every time I have taken the car to them it's been fine and no fault codes. The problem only occurs probably once every couple of weeks but I get almost no power under about 2.5k revs (FR PD170), "kangaroo" acceleration from there on, and very rough idle. If I disconnect the MAF the car suddenly goes absolutely fine again however I've had a brand new MAF put in and didn't fix it.
So - I never seem to be able to get the car to them with the problem occurring (it fixes itself after a while) I was thinking of investing in a cable and seeing myself if there are any differences at that point so I can go back to the dealer armed with some backup information!
I know I'm technically doing their job for them but it has been in about 5 times with the problem now and I can't afford to just keep throwing money at diagnostic tests etc.

When the above is happening at idle, you can stand next to the exhaust and hear spluttering and spitting. It also feels as if there is more force (ie, blowing harder) to the emissions than normal. As I said, it only does it now and again though! :(

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
This morning i reofmatted the laptop and threw on a fresh XP install.

Installed 704.1 which was downloaded from the ship with a bay site, first problem was it would not use the drivers from the file from the bay site these are usb to serila drivers and XP refused to use them for my cable from page 36.

So i installed 704 which came on the little cd that caome with the cable and at the end of the install it asked to install a USB drive so i let it.

Started 704 and i had to config it as usual and it would only detec the the cable selecting USB not comports nore could i change it in device manager to use a comport as someone else managed to do on this thread.

Anyway did a autoscan and it got half way and then this is the exact message i got.

Sorry ! this function requires a license interface