Leon 52 plate sale prices?

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
I have a Facelift Leon Cupra 52 plate. Comes with leather interior, folding mirrors and all the other normal stuff, climate control etc etc. Does have full service history just got to get Seat to stamp the last few It has 105k on the clock and i'm thinking about selling soon and wondered looking at the for sale section would me selling at £4k be about right or is that too high/low?

Any ideas appreciated as in the new few weeks it will be listed in various places all being well.

As a side note, does anyone have a guide on other car prices. Also going to sell her car.

It a Fiat Stilo, 53 plate. 1.6 Dynamique comes in yellow and has on 35k on the clocks. Full service history.

Any comments welcomed. Selling to buy one car for the wife as i will be getting a lease car soon.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I have often been told in the past to see what prices similar cars are up for on Autotrader and Piston Heads, but my personal opinion is that these are just the prices that the owner is asking for. What they actually get is anyone's guess.

Personally, if it's any help, I paid £4,700 for my 52-plate LCR in March. 93k miles on the clock at the time and FDSH up to 90k when the selling garage serviced it. I think £4k is a reasonable price based on that, but I don't know, that's just my opinion

Johnny Hotrod

Nov 30, 2006
North Yorks
The best guide to use is Autotrader website as this shows what cars are getting advertised for & you are bound to find similar cars to yours so you can make a realistic valuation. Funnily enough my car sounds very similar to yours - a 52 plate with 99k & i'd value mine at around £3k so with your leather interior i'd say £3k - £3.5k but thats just my guess. Good luck with the sale

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I have often been told in the past to see what prices similar cars are up for on Autotrader and Piston Heads, but my personal opinion is that these are just the prices that the owner is asking for. What they actually get is anyone's guess.

The best guide to use is Autotrader website as this shows what cars are getting advertised for & you are bound to find similar cars to yours so you can make a realistic valuation.
I still stand by my original statement

Johnny Hotrod

Nov 30, 2006
North Yorks
I still stand by my original statement

You have a valid point as with any advert it shows the price being asked not the price of sale. You will never get a perfect guide as there are too many factors influencing a price. However, as Autotrader has a large number of cars for sale its unlikely that all cars will be overpriced or underpriced. You need to look at a few prices to get a fair guide only then will you be able to establish what the high, low & average prices are. Also note that it states whether the seller is a trader or a private seller. A trader's price will usually be higher as he has to make a profit as well as include a warranty thus you usually pay more at a dealer as you have comeback if there are problems.

You are also likely to get more realistic prices on a site where you are charged to advertise as people are less likely to advertise at a silly high price as they are paying for the advert!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You might luck out & find someone who wants it at 4k, but I doubt it - that's the going rate for one with 2/3rds the mileage (give or take)

£3.5k would be a sensible price to advertise at, with £3250 as your back stop.

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
You might luck out & find someone who wants it at 4k, but I doubt it - that's the going rate for one with 2/3rds the mileage (give or take)

£3.5k would be a sensible price to advertise at, with £3250 as your back stop.

Nice one cheers :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.