Leon ATP GTRS Eliminator install

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
what sort of power figures are you expecting from this mark? any ideas for the intake as it stands?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
myk3's golf (non VVT I think) did 330ish with a really small SMIC - so it should do 'better'

No idea on intake, LCR TIP will be used, but might need to be chopped about

Jonah should be chuffed though once complete :)

Koomorph

Oct 31, 2005
S London
the 2.5" isn't much of a step down to the inlet anyway, so it's barely a restriction as it is.

1/2 an inch makes quite a difference... (so the ladies tell me...[B)] ) in terms of flow..... will be interested in what this makes and when it begins to spool.... as it's similar to the setup I'm planning to go down..... Did you not consider fabbing up a custom TIP to be able to use the full inlet size rather than the step down? (easeir said than done, I know.... :blink: )

Is the ATP high flow manifold on there as well?

Raf

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
1/2 an inch makes quite a difference... (so the ladies tell me...[B)] ) in terms of flow..... will be interested in what this makes and when it begins to spool.... as it's similar to the setup I'm planning to go down..... Did you not consider fabbing up a custom TIP to be able to use the full inlet size rather than the step down? (easeir said than done, I know.... :blink: )

Is the ATP high flow manifold on there as well?

Raf

I hope Mark won't mid me answering one part at least - yes, he's got the ATP manifold on. As I see it, the issue over the TIP is not so much manufacturing a custom TIP as where the hell is the room for a TIP to avoid everything down there.

When I was installing my TIP, I had the gear cable bracket off. I'm not sure if there is sufficient adjustment to get them over the top of a TIP (ATP think there is). I wonder if there is merit in not bringing the TIP up to battery level - ie filter and inlet lower. Drop the N75 etc too........:shrug:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the 3" inlet just funnels down to 2.5" anyway.... so there's nowt to be gained

it's like this \__/
whereas the 2.5" is |__|

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Hate to say it, but the 3" inlet makes a huge difference, and you're wrong about the 2.5", when Star were mapping with the 2.5" fitted, it wouldn't go above 15PSI of boost, which made around 250bhp. Fitting the proper 3" adapter and inlet, the turbo boosted properly and 22PSI made 330bhp no problem. 2.5" inlet is smaller than the blades on the compressor so is never going to make any decent power, you only have to look at the side by side comparo shot on ATP's site to see it:

side-by-side.jpg

The GTRS also needs a 3" downpipe to run properly as well.

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Star have fitted them onto 6-spd FWD cars, the 3" hardpipe intake has to be modified though, Craig's Leon Cupra went from 250 to 305 after fitting the 3" adapter and modified intake, final tweaking of the intake should see 320-330 as it is a bit compromised just now, hence the 305bhp figure. The S3/TT turbo sits higher, above the gear linkages, so the 3" intake goes straight on like butter and 330bhp is no problem.

If/when I switch to the GTRS, my plan is to use the S3 manifold, turbo, DP, etc., so it all goes on easily.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
the 2.5inch inlet they give you is pretty poor, so many bends and joiners spool will be affected, i have a 3" maf and a carbonio, my inlet is 3" through out and is impossible to collapse.

did you have to wack the tranny gasket that stuck out as this was wacking my compressor housing, this gave me allot more play. Also on my car there was a metal bracket holding the speedo cable to the block, I just removed this, this gave me allot more play.

i had to clock a bit too, but it looks like your going to have to source a few custom silicone parts to make the 90' hose fit/meet the IC pipe that goes over the mani.

also i have now fitted my eurojet FMIC, with piping that goes by the battery, it pulls allot stronger now, off turbo is allot better and it revs allot more free.

acceleration and on turbo is so strong and spool has decreased around 300rpm, where the power would pull at 3.7k happenes around 3.4k which is cool.

i had a feeling that the stock piping was holding me back!

i think i have potential for the 340 - 350 now.

Last edited:

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
On stock rods, pushing your luck isn't it???

not really, but then i dont punch it every bit of road i get on.

us UK guys are so worried about our rods heh, take a look what power the vortexer's are running on stock block for yrs. though at the end of the day its just luck.

but any way for your information in a month ill have:

83mm je pistons (1.9 ltr)
scat rods
stainless inlet valves & inconel exhaust valves + springs
port and polish head
spec stage 2 clutch
pelequin diff

then thats my engine work done and i can start running on the track :D

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Indeed, and most of them blow their engines when they throw a rod!!! Even APR don't go beyond 340bhp and 320lbft on stock rods and 93 fuel, still very good numbers though. My plan is to go GTRS later this year and stick with the 330bhp that will give me.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
yah, shouldt be to much of a job to swap, though i bet you wish you did it first off.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Not really, the GT2X is a good turbo, had it nearly a year now with zero problems or issues, I smoked an Impreza STi from a roll so can't be that bad - lol! Yes, don't need much hardware to swap to the GTRS so may do it sooner than anticipated. :D

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
Not really, the GT2X is a good turbo, had it nearly a year now with zero problems or issues, I smoked an Impreza STi from a roll so can't be that bad - lol! Yes, don't need much hardware to swap to the GTRS so may do it sooner than anticipated. :D

good, then you can sell the gt2x. swap it yourself if you are on a budget.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
On, runs, leaks a tiny bit from where I must have missed a gasket on the turbo to sump return line (sump end so easy fix)

Gets up to temperature etc etc

Needs some thought process put into the inlet, the suggested route won't work on the car, and I don't think the 3" will either (there's just not the room)

Boost pipe needs thinking out too to get to the Intercooler, the stock position won't be met easily

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members