Leon ATP GTRS Eliminator install

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
please not that the above tips are in no order and crap english as i was brain storming at the time.

also its great having a week of work, but when you bump in to a problem that requires you to wait for a part or some thing like that it takes up allot of days and time.

where are you from?

and its also good to see some one else having a go at it :D im just glad that mines over and done with.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
cheers for those will keep them in mind but obviously the golf is a different layout and as mork said i may not have to many probs lol

im down in colchester i havent got much mechainical experience but i mean with a written sheet surely it cant be that hard, well i hope anyway lol

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
just make sure if you get stuck, you are confident you can get it fixed without having to toe the car to a garage!

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
DJP, what did you find hard just out of interest? bar the top 6 bolts which are not to bad just fiddly as you say.

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
pics as promised:

here you can see the mani touching the compressor when i try to bolt it up:
mini-P8180150-1.jpg

here you can see where it isnt sitting flush
mini-P8180151-1.jpg

and here you can see the the allen button wont sit in properly
mini-P8200134.jpg

after grinding the flange in closer the hole and grinding the thickness:
mini-P8200127.jpg

heres how ut was there after
mini-P8200133.jpg

as you can see i had to do a bit of cutting and use an extention to make the 90' hose reach the hard pipe
mini-DSC00377.jpg

but now after i installed the eurojet here is how it all looks :D
mini-PB220024.jpg

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
thats some good work there fella, i presume all your own?? there are some tight gaps there but looks like you've down well in getting past it all, dont suppose you live near here then?? lol

well my mate works at a tyre and exhaust place and has done many manifolds so may get him to change that before i work on car!!

That euro jet you've got on there is that home made to?? seems you've put things in different places to get over your problems??

myk3

Dec 16, 2005
yah i had to think about and plan what i was doing. the eurojet fitted, but needs modifying, it is still very tight and there is no way i can get it behind the std bumper, it fits well through the r32 front which is good.

just be confident and use your head.

i can help when you come to the install, make a thread and post up any problems with pics, i usually reply fast.

when you looking to order the parts?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
nice one am looking at doing it within a couple of months i'd say just getting as much info as i can before i start so there are as little hiccups as possible

many thanks myk3

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Bit of adaptation to the inlet strategy yesterday.... no dodgey kinky bends like ATP would like.

We mocked it up using more available parts (waste pipe tubing), so that we can order forge parts to finish it off.

Also on the ordering list is a couple of silicon bends to complete the pipe run (and relocate the inlet, as now the MAF is way too far over to fit the dynatwist in stock position.

Injectors en route, so all being well it will be wheels down next weekend once the wideband is plumbed in and another leak checking session has gone by

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Inlet sorted thanks to Forge!

Basically straight out of the Turbo, under the linkage (no 90 degree kinks) into the LCR/S3 TIP, up to the MAF (but a bit further forward than normal because it's moved 140mm towards the wing. 90 degree silicon bend into the air filter which will sit pretty much where the battery is.

Some work still to be done to connect turbo outlet to pipework, as the forge pipe we have is ace, but we need to make it longer! so that's WIP - it's that or the intercooler pipe doesn't sit where it once did

Injectors are at the PO awaiting some VAT & Import duty to be paid... but it's getting there (not bad given the total lack of time I've had recently)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members