Leon Chrome Instrument Dial Surrounds

RichGrantham

Although this accessory is not available from SEAT UK, it can be ordered from a spares dealer in Spain. It really does liven & sharpen up the Leon's instruments and is pretty easy to fit (glue supplied!). There is no problem with RHD Instruments, exactly the same shape and layout as LHD. Here is the pic..

RichGrantham

You can order them from www.ibexparts.com

The Part Number is 1P0064700 and the cost is Euros 50.00 + UPS delivery (takes around 5 days).

To fit, apply a small amount of the glue, don't overapply or you will have excess glue squeezed onto the dash facia, and then locate the ring into the dial, twisting until you get the correct orientation. Then leave for an hour or so to cure. Very easy. The instructions are in English.

I got my stainless outer door sills at the same time, which are also a non-SEAT UK part. See XE's thread 'outer sill guard / tread plate' for pics.

RichGrantham

Moley - apologies, gave you the wrong part number.
It should be 1P1072311 - Chrome finish gauge cover...........Euros 42.77

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
It is surprising they are not standard, especially on the FR & Cupra

Looks nice. Did order them for my Cupra also. And I did complain to my dealer that many of the accessories should be standard on the Cupra. I have ordered all the Chrome / brushed metal accessories there is. :coolthumb

RichGrantham

Indeed they should be standard items, definitely on the FR & Cupra. SEAT are missing the point here, the Leon is being panned by critics for it's lacklustre interior in the magazine group tests against other hot hatches. You would think they would do everything possible to improve the interior look.
There is also a chrome air vent kit (left, right & centre vents) but again as it's only a Euro spec the centre vent trim only fits LHD cars!! SEAT UK are also lagging behind by not having all these decent trim accessories as UK parts, albeit as 'optional extras'. Enjoy the Cupra Alffi, when's it due?

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
There is also a chrome air vent kit (left, right & centre vents) but again as it's only a Euro spec the centre vent trim only fits LHD cars!! SEAT UK are also lagging behind by not having all these decent trim accessories as UK parts, albeit as 'optional extras'. Enjoy the Cupra Alffi, when's it due?

Cupra has the chrome air vent kit, or at least left and right... or so it looks in this picture:

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=13296

I hope I get my Cupra in a month from now, but it has not been confirmed yet. My dealer told me that she will know for sure during this week. :whistle:

nighty

The colour of that cupra in the link is awsome so wish it was available on the FR oh well just have to cope with black magic. I think i'll order some dial surrounds there pretty smart.

ircool

Zennith TFSI FR
Dec 5, 2006
With all these little 'extras' available maybe one day they will make a dash insert to replace the shoddy one surrounding the radio etc that looks a little more upmarket!!!

ircool

Zennith TFSI FR
Dec 5, 2006
I saw that a while back and it is better but I was hoping to find something that extended to over the top of the instrument cluster and was more of a soft touch material... this one looks like the same thing in a different colour.

I seriously think someone in the trade could make a ton of cash if they could put together a dash insert and a cooler center consol for the MK2.

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
The chrome vents are a bit of a pain to fit but once you have got the old vents off the new ones just snap on.

The chrome dial surrounds are very easy to fit and just glue on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise