Leon cupra r 225 rolling road results

jmcuprar

Dec 23, 2010
Chester
Getting abit worried about it now. Am i right in thinking that a vac leak will cause the car to run lean and boost leak will cause it to run rich? I know there is a small boost leak on charge pipe side of engine.

Last edited:

jmcuprar

Dec 23, 2010
Chester
Is there nothing else it could be? I rang them up and they said that the apr map is idiot proof when it comes to installing so it must have been installed correctly? He suggested lambda sensor or maybe something to do with knock? Bit annoyed really.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Is there nothing else it could be? I rang them up and they said that the apr map is idiot proof when it comes to installing so it must have been installed correctly? He suggested lambda sensor or maybe something to do with knock? Bit annoyed really.

how can the REQUESTED lambda be wrong?? Its being asked by the map for bog std factory fueling... and its doign what its being told to do.

you sure its a reputable map, and not sold something else?

I cant believe a reputable map would leave bog stock fueling in the UK.. In Germany, yea, if tuv approved they are simply not allowed to adjust anything related to emissions, so they do leave fueling std and up the torque requests (boost etc) BUT this makes them run hotter, and egt protection will come in (on cars equipped with it) to try and cool it back down once its passed 920'c

That afr is less than ideal on a remapped LCR.. Its std..

Last edited:

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
who ever mapped your car are a bunch of idiots , i'm always skeptical when mappers don't provide straight away comprehensive graphs show , afr , boost etc. as bill says its requesting stock fuel which most pikey maps do , its would be different if it was requesting the right voulme of fuel needed for the increase boost requested and the actual fuel being delivered was stock fueling then it would be a problem with either lamda, injectors , fuel pump etc. but to be honest the map looks like a pikey map don't think its a genuine apr map

jmcuprar

Dec 23, 2010
Chester
I didn't have a response from bill when I posted that. I've contacted apr and am awaiting a response. Bill has been a great help and I'm very grateful for all the help I've got.

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
I'm sure other APR maps are'nt stock fueling... so this has to be a mistake of some sort..

This.

Let's all take a breather for a moment everybody :)

I've been in contact with the customer and am waiting for an email with all logs he can provide. He can work directly with me and I will advise logging specific variables for diagnosis or he can go to Awesome for them to perform the logs The 1.8T is an older engine by now so let's not forget hardware could be a part of this. Either way I have a dedicated team at Awesome and once better logs are performed/provided we'll be able to ensure all is running correctly.

Regarding Lambda on the logs provided above, that seems completely wrong and I'm looking into this immediately. I'm not saying the car isn't doing it, but I agree it should not be requesting .95 lambda throughout the powerband--none of our software comes even close to this and it's a cardinal rule of our company that lambda is kept in a safe range at all times.

In case anybody is interested, we have an excellent data logging write up on our website to use as your own personal resource. http://www.goapr.co.uk/support/datalogging.php

We prefer our customers to understand completely how their car is running at any time. If anybody has any further questions or concerns, please feel free to direct them my way.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
This.

Let's all take a breather for a moment everybody :)

I've been in contact with the customer and am waiting for an email with all logs he can provide. He can work directly with me and I will advise logging specific variables for diagnosis or he can go to Awesome for them to perform the logs The 1.8T is an older engine by now so let's not forget hardware could be a part of this. Either way I have a dedicated team at Awesome and once better logs are performed/provided we'll be able to ensure all is running correctly.

Regarding Lambda on the logs provided above, that seems completely wrong and I'm looking into this immediately. I'm not saying the car isn't doing it, but I agree it should not be requesting .95 lambda throughout the powerband--none of our software comes even close to this and it's a cardinal rule of our company that lambda is kept in a safe range at all times.

In case anybody is interested, we have an excellent data logging write up on our website to use as your own personal resource. http://www.goapr.co.uk/support/datalogging.php

We prefer our customers to understand completely how their car is running at any time. If anybody has any further questions or concerns, please feel free to direct them my way.

Thanks!

Hence my comments... It has to be a mystake. Not normal for an APR map. It is being requested in map logs however.

APR dont make these error's in fundermantal fueling requirements..

logs I got sent...
jimapr-lean-lcr.JPG

jmcuprar

Dec 23, 2010
Chester
Hi folks, just thought I'd mention that I had my car in at awesome for themselves and Evan from apr to look at and work there magic on it. After a few hours of logging and installing new files it has been transformed into a totally different car. It is now producing 287bhp and 359lbft of torque through a new file which apr produced for my car. It is also being used as there new file for the stage 2+ upgrade. I would like to thank Evan and awesome for there enthusiasm, help and honesty. Hopefully Evan will be on to explain the fuelling situation that it was running. You can see the results on awesome a Facebook page. Thanks for all your help.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
glad you got it sorted.. the fueling situation explanation of your first map will be interesting to hear

come down here for a free comparison dyno if you want..
We can play dyno lottery :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.