Leon cupra r 225 rolling road results

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Seen it on FB looks impressive.
Do I understand correctly that there was no health check or logging done when the car was first mapped?

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
glad you got it sorted.. the fueling situation explanation of your first map will be interesting to hear

Two things happened here that were surprises for me:
1) jmcuprar actually only had stage 1 software with a P0420 cat efficiency delete in the car for the RR that started this whole thread, yielding the lower-than-expected figures for an actual stage 2 car.
2) Because of the jmcuprar's datalogging we discovered that this stage 1 file does in fact have stock fueling parameters. The stage 2 file on the car has changes for fueling and reaches a .79 lambda toward redline. With this discovery, I will be revisiting the stage 1 software, so if anybody is interested in a free APR remap in exchange for some rr/development time on their stock or stage 1 LCR 225, please email me at [email protected] :thumbup:

You FYi, there's no 1.8t ME7.x logging data in your link.

Thanks for pointing this out. The measuring blocks used for ME9 and MED17.X are applicable when using VCDS to log ME7. I'll have the website updated.

Seen this all over fb lol r t e c h say theyve been able to hit them figures for about a year.

We didn't create this file to best anybody-- the actual stage 2 figures have been on par and are now even better. Running our v1.0 stage 2 software that's been out for 5+ years now, jmcuprar's car made 277bhp and 356tq. The new v1.1 file smooths out the curve and gets some small gains where applicable.

Maybe they have sussed out their mapping techniques?

As above, had the proper map been flashed to the OP's car originally he would have seen much higher figures from the go--fortunately we were able to make some tweaks and improve on code that was already pretty stout.

For any of our current customers with a stage 2 map on their LCR, we will be releasing these revisions as a free update for your car asap. Please contact your local APR distributor to book yours!

Here is the graph comparing jmcuprar's original stage 1 software to the newly revised, v1.1 stage 2 software. Not a bad jump from stage 1 to stage 2 IMO... now to revise stage 1 :)
lcrnew.jpg

Last edited:

scotty1310

I read somewhere that amd mapped a lcr with stage 2 and left it at standard fuelling? Dyno lottery them apr numbers seem

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
I've just broke a standard Tt with a bam engine because of a hole in the block. Ps never said you did do it to best anybody or employ it in my comment. Still looks like your rollers are happy though.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Does 350+ torque not sound possible on a stage 2 BAM then ?

not seen any k04 car do that on my rollers... very few break into the 300lbft here...
Its dyno lottery at play.. Hence my offer to dyno the ops car FOC confirming power/torque on a.n.other set of rollers.. which are reputed to not read high.

jmcuprar

Dec 23, 2010
Chester
Thanks for the offer bill. You're Abit far away for me but it would be interesting. If r tech have got the same figures as apr then surely there rollers are happy too? Think the clutch will need upgrading pretty soon. Is solid mass flywheel the way forward?

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
Thanks for the offer bill. You're Abit far away for me but it would be interesting. If r tech have got the same figures as apr then surely there rollers are happy too? Think the clutch will need upgrading pretty soon. Is solid mass flywheel the way forward?

Torque figure looks very high... Head over to bills.. It'd be worth the trip

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

You cannot compare dyno jet figures to other dynos, not dyno's to dyno's. I have run cars here which have had dynojet runs and they read higher than mine. Thats why we have the good old saying Dyno Lottery and this pretty avatar.
dyno-lottery.jpg

Your car would not read as high numbers on my dyno is my point. Where cars I have mapped have made these figures, is infrequent and needs very healthy cars with good choice of mods etc. If you had 360lbft in reality I would be nervous of the stock rods....

for closer comparison dyno other than mine:
r techs roller match mine on power, but read higher torque than mine.. Closer to you however.

r tech can achieve 280bhp+ figures from their stage 2 custom maps, as do I on healthy cars with appropriate supporting stage 2 mods. Its not a new thing, but unless the cars are in tip top condition, most will fall short of these numbers.

Enjoy your car.. At least its all sorted now and the Woops on the stage 1 has been found and will be sorted by APR for others who read this and get to know about it... as for those who dont... :think:

If you are passing and fancy a comparison dyno, give me a bell. The offer stands.
:thumbup:

jmcuprar

Dec 23, 2010
Chester
Yeah I understand what you're saying bill. I had the rods changed a while back as I was planning on a big turbo but things have changed with work and what not so its on hold. I will certainly give you a bell if I'm passing as it would be interesting to see a comparison. I'm also glad it's sorted and thank you very much for your help. James

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Two things happened here that were surprises for me:
1) jmcuprar actually only had stage 1 software with a P0420 cat efficiency delete in the car for the RR that started this whole thread, yielding the lower-than-expected figures for an actual stage 2 car.
2) Because of the jmcuprar's datalogging we discovered that this stage 1 file does in fact have stock fueling parameters. The stage 2 file on the car has changes for fueling and reaches a .79 lambda toward redline. With this discovery, I will be revisiting the stage 1 software, so if anybody is interested in a free APR remap in exchange for some rr/development time on their stock or stage 1 LCR 225, please email me at [email protected] :thumbup:

Thanks for pointing this out. The measuring blocks used for ME9 and MED17.X are applicable when using VCDS to log ME7. I'll have the website updated.

We didn't create this file to best anybody-- the actual stage 2 figures have been on par and are now even better. Running our v1.0 stage 2 software that's been out for 5+ years now, jmcuprar's car made 277bhp and 356tq. The new v1.1 file smooths out the curve and gets some small gains where applicable.

As above, had the proper map been flashed to the OP's car originally he would have seen much higher figures from the go--fortunately we were able to make some tweaks and improve on code that was already pretty stout.

For any of our current customers with a stage 2 map on their LCR, we will be releasing these revisions as a free update for your car asap. Please contact your local APR distributor to book yours!

Here is the graph comparing jmcuprar's original stage 1 software to the newly revised, v1.1 stage 2 software. Not a bad jump from stage 1 to stage 2 IMO... now to revise stage 1 :)
lcrnew.jpg

Ill be up for a free mapping session how safe is my car though lol.... Std 225 LCR

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
You cannot compare dyno jet figures to other dynos, not dyno's to dyno's. I have run cars here which have had dynojet runs and they read higher than mine.

There's a RR event at Awesome toward the end of February--the weekend of the 23rd I believe--and a few members of secret seat society and other groups will be there. Great opportunity for comparison then :)

Mark27LCR

Oct 22, 2012
Birmingham
Hi guys,

Don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm not sure if I have a similar issue or if it's hardware related, any help on identifying the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so in 2005 my Car was mapped by Jabbsport I only found out by ringing them that it was a Live serial port map rather than a stage 1 flash they also fitted a Boost controller that controls the N75 Duty Cycle which works well.

The Car was completely standard at the time and produced well I have print out for 205kw and 385nm roughly works out to I think (270bhp + 280 lb/ft)

Since I've had the car about a year now,
I've done the following

Badger 5 3" TIP
BMC filter & heat shield
Forge 008P
Piper 3" downpipe
Scorpion De-Cat and 2.5" Cat back non resonated
Tx Auto FMIC
2.5" intercooler pipework
n249 bypass (valve left plugged in)
Awesome Gti red top Coil packs

I understand that as it wasn't mapped for this hardware that the figures would be off but on a recent rolling road run it got 213 hp then 216 hp on the second run and only 218 ft/lb
could it be out by nearly 60bhp because it wasn't mapped for the above??

To rule out the RR one of the guys there had a remap 2 days before at badger5 and run 290bhp then run 291bhp here

To try and rectify this huge loss of power I have so far;
Cleaned the MAF IAT and throttle body with isopropanyl
Checked the sparkplugs and cleaned them up abit coil packs are new.
Checked compression 10 Bar on each cylinder
checked for boost leaks can't see anything obvious

and now i'm stuck could it be something like
a dodgy map sensor/n75/ o2 sensor?

I did a run this morning just to log some stuff but not sure what i'm looking for

It won't let me upload the image here I think I need to do more posts...:cry:

just seen that it only requests 0.953 up till 5000 rpm and thought this may have something to do with it but I have no idea :(

again any help is appreciated I just want to rule out any hardware issues before I decide to get it mapped.

Mark

Mark27LCR

Oct 22, 2012
Birmingham
qprbme8cdd7q77lct361.png

I can post URL's now yay :) again any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated i'd rather not pay for hours of diagnostics if it's something simple.