Leon Cupra R25

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Wmi

I've had some previous great results running WMI, keeps your engine cool and cleans the carbon build up on the TFSI engine valves.
I won't be taking the WMI into consideration during the mapping of the ECU, rather stay safe and avoid accidents in case the WMI pump decides to stop working.
I've fitted the the WMI nozzle in the throttle body pipe, pre-TB. Not to happy with the location as the WMI can cause the TB to brake, it will creap into the TB electronics and short cut.
The design of the intake manifold prevents me to really mount the nozzle in the intake manifold in a proper way, the intake manifold runners are differently long and thereby the WMI will not manage to atomize equally.
Mounting the nozzle close to the combustion cylinder will ensure the octane boost, mounting it after the intercooler will ensure cooling. I opted for a location somewhere in-between you might say.

y3mDweiSF7IG1LMAiMdDhyz3qUGYdaPxTV_Eoqe_BRrgMqicGQ2xerXLieWJEh6rjGkOYFkgpZxT1cBrfUQFnaljKK5GTpTInwv6milMM0JdveZK3weEReZs6cM9ZNhbbF-Max3bvxBPyFlPhrG1RgWD0f9nalUUZf7HyoTjG_Y3eo

y3mKbzuqv16TT9vGuxrPJyF0Tjbz60d0uSg2RpoTCrkMcfa1-t2eWwih7PnMcxx-vlYYzTdruyACbBkMVnS_zupMEY9pNkuL2J2jd-1e7Eff5vhxaarOEbUgU6kV00YzZdUpfydlNprV1_4WS401eWQq7b16OCBgZviVAn7pefeE_g

:wave:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Progress

Mounted up the radiator the other day to see what modifications are needed to integrate the intercooler.
Well, it fits but need to move the radiator further away as the engine accessories are touching the radiator fans. Custom, don't you love it ;)

y3mLDalXkc6XNBwA64sxa5oZLcY33D03Wg2UGqjCjh5SiTQMrg8KaVozlrVz0PSFV91erZ97h5HA7e2LoW4UDJAQbWAPCcqpXh8fXr4s2ZCOdVIbhgH4vBfP11eyQGSB1r-pW2PVr02P40eBlxRksL85HMTIFeykMk1sTeG5Z2sgf8

y3m4sxd22YvIUyrvijRl3kRAdq0_GW_1mkJllJWJenRTo8kO8byVG8mH1RwyQRc7heDT7pfPD6CGPj4NY1jTQNG5KonGeN_zp1ljry99ICbECZ2bUogh-98cVeZoxoSbGMRIxLaj31XRj0ENVDilTa49u9x31QRiAvXYL0AYVue05s

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Progress

After several hours of drilling, grinding, cutting and welding I managed to free up the needed space between the coolant radiator and the engine front accessories.
I realized that the AC and radiator core are seated further ahead on the 2.5TFSI as the Intercooler is in the very front.
On the 2.0TFSI engine the intercooler (is in the middle, behind the AC radiator) is in front of the coolant radiator and closer to the engine.

y3m3vZn1cSeekZHYFZPlnLS9P91boTtxcFgmMZnf9TIpydadGBrIunKOQrw3z1n1xmiZm42db3WP-iDPzgvOIb8cqmIOlx2AVxbYeoW4ejJOgmFxlzjTbj2Ru5YkJh_-8Y7bDhaX8GXZfo8ASNKExX9DZlEAhdTBmTJTm-zjXuAPuA

I've also succeeded to mount the intercooler nicely and connect the charge piping, just lack some hose clamps now to finalize it.

Next step is to get the oil cooler in place and rap it up before I can start the engine =) .

y3mCDNFaBb7UJMDD8ykYgPMwxwLIyZ9AkxoorsscXVMv9F4ZMVirFRRZ2znHai2bxbJ0e6UBkrs_d3aSn86n_MluyaxG9qi2l0MfpAbfO6jmmFWTjl5VlbLTAs6uJAdwhqsWkIlyCiPBs9STM1PMTubaKumSh1tx9wwAESP5dt5jQM

Last edited:

Kibby

Jul 12, 2013
Belfast
Ah then thats priceless hahahahah.

If and when you have the car finished and you happen to ever be in or around Belfast let me know would love to see it in person

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Ah then thats priceless hahahahah.

If and when you have the car finished and you happen to ever be in or around Belfast let me know would love to see it in person

Sure, if I get over to UK but I'm based in Sweden so the chances are low.

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Oil cooler fitting

Among the last major parts are now on as I fitted the oil cooler these last days.

Initially I was thinking of mounting it in the front above the intercooler but there was not sufficient space. After some reading and test fitting I opted for vertical side mounting.
This way oil feed will be at the bottom and fill up the cooler to the top and then return to the engine. This is the most efficient oil cooling set up. To secure proper cooling I'll build an air scoop guide from the front right side of the bumper.

Yes, I'm running a thermostat to assist the temperature oil heating process during cold start up.

Next I'm fitting the new downpipe and connecting it to the existing catback system I have.

y3mO0Y4iOX9Vcs49uJtVFQWYZ5DVXkm8GrIVEqhK87UlDhBGhroE2UKIsTNP1ynvWsBZ2SG8Y3roYAlQiTXmeHRb67Q_nziRSkEL6KefhUdHOBe7B-KWe5So_F_kThfiTj7cfcSkqG4_9KfWk_27ZbHm28ePLcjDxoQjHLlJJfadpo

y3mQbk1nTKlUkVPSnq8Ntvw_6l52L5-J04t1kLfc1jIfrpTG0cBv8YDGFUpBXxVJNzaLxFO_6ns0KKNp75TfpqhSIg0Wf2JFmoS-RqYDNBf118TXcUUsAYgMjzfN1L749cGMVK1YirHcR1mLR33nRk3pDDM1XhFgAmFYQgFqn52PZc

y3m4gFhx2CASxEG21avBZKHQWPm9EOJUOZqnoPAQDVBs8PXKWu_k2un2irtxRFQcdjC7VjaOhw3jt9xqjzMKvlSxzAD0p29YrXw6jRDhvJdvZS9Sxeq-mwIshXht244Sb3qT6GTXRt4S0f2tHYHvCLTEEvKg6BmhcjmtdvUO_NYOW4

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Progress

More progress this days as I'm on vacation and weather is bad.

Downpipe being fitted, just look at that smooth transaction between the TTE500 and the APR cast DP.
Some compatibility issues with the gear linkage cables, need to to distance them from the DP as they otherwise will melt.

All excited now, only part left is my oil return line (being custom made for me, waiting...) and the engine is crank ready.

y3m7q9cxR1L6TU6FQpzzvk7YfFLBeN1fXOmdGib_AINImIFWhwoc9eATPDf-SYtAH_blSJNN0p7dMyALdfSmHJH8skWL3i5T-UJfOi1ErpwGV7vPFzK43If5p9UE0f5ZLLWtMnpLXtihXS9cPI7CEmEE_rCIN3elztS9QO3_I43B7Q

y3mKRBntm5S673Wd466ElnOsBOgk7aYvczRdSKe4OG7lIokCMDFMAySY041RTcjhAj5lZmq13IlDpSrhcGNXmhpFbefTlGTiG3u0gneUOPvYxJQ30u8GJ-CfYhGJGsPGlIfn5lK1vkNFoArlXVj0Bb3LbjkLGDUKNh04nHItq2h1fs

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Engine crank test

At last, plan is to crank the engine this Friday :thumbup:
Will run it 15 minutes and then change oil and oil filter. Cutting the oil filter up to check for metal particles to ensure engine mechanic basics are working.

During the test I'll check for leaks and unwanted engine sound.

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
Crank semi progress

Engine cranks, but starter motor seems to lack the power to crank with cylinder compression pressure. Had to remove the sparkplugs to enable the start motor to crank the engine

Oil pressure was achieved and fuel was supplied to the cylinders.
I've spotted a potential coolant leak but no oil or fuel leaks.

I'll move on tomorrow and troubleshoot the starter motor issue.

Last edited:

POPOV

Jun 25, 2005
Sweden
It's alive !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHYNJ6Q5Quk

After some food and rest in front of the tv I went another for one last test...
Starter motor is struggling but at last it managed to crank enough and start the R25 up. I got surprised it did as I spend quite some time earlier today to get it running and nothing.
Continued checking error codes while the engine was running, all looks good. Then I realized that I was calm despite all the hard work I put into it, probably will get to me tomorrow when I wake up.
Some uneven idle as you can here in the audio but that is due to the missing intake manifold flaps (RFD), that will get mapped out later on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members