Leon Cupra Std alarm - Adjustment possible?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey all

The std Leon Cupra (my03) alarm - can it be adjusted for sensitivity?
Reason I ask is that I have used VAG-COM to enable the interior sensors, as most cars seem to have these deactivated(?!?), but have recently seen that my alarm has been set off a couple of times for no reason - only thing I can assume is that someone with barry exhaust might have set it off with vibration or something.....

Can they be made less sensitive? Never heard it go off until I enabled the interior sensors. Must admit - didnt know it was my car alarm going off!

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
I’ve heard the expression once before, but thought it was a mistype :redface:

Must be a southern thing.

Sorry to side-track your thread mate but had to ask

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
pabs... i dont suppose you left a window slightly open (being summer and all) when you noticed the alarm went?

if so, i know the wind could be a casue... with my old car which had a toad ai606 alarm, some times the wind could set off the ultrasonics if i left a window open!

james :)

slimbarry

Hands off!
Oct 29, 2004
Norf Essex
I've heard of a suggestion of closing the air vents to outside may help, ie press the re-circ button before you switch off and leave the car. Think it was on golfs?

I might just have dreamt it :confused:

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
Pabs sorry to open an old thread but did you get a fix for this..... mind does this every now and again, pretty sure its due to vibration from passing cars as its only sometimes it happens....

Any ideas

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
sorry mate, no joy. I still have an alarm going off once a week or so - living on a main road doesnt help matters :(

I could turn off the interior sensors again and that would "solve" the problem, but obviously lower the security which I don't want to do.

hardyj

Snake
Jun 6, 2005
Southampton
My LC has exactly the same problem. I have my car parked on the road and the alarm tends to go off on occasion and found it to be cars with loud exhausts/lorries/vans etc.

Still get it every now and again. So can it be adjusted for sensitivity? or is this just something we have to put up with?

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
having researched this, it looks like its a matter of putting up with it mate....

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
i wish the sound could be adjusted on them as they sound gay :( maybe the alarm pip locking sound would be better with a different tone

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.